NOOB Pede question.

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sooo I have never really gotten into pedes but find hemiscolopendra marginata here all the time but never really studies it. I could use the search function but I figured I would let the pede guys pick on me for a change. ;P

Sooo does the pede venom come from a bite from the pincher things or the two stinger looking things at the end of it.
:?

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the venom comes from the front:D they might try to jab you with the terminal legs though.

german shepard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Try 'em you'll like 'em

Greeting from Fort Worth, Texas! In answer to your question the terminal legs are usually used to grasp their prey. The poison claws located right under their heads inject the venom. If you are into them I say try 'em, if you checkout my profile (german shepard) you'll see I have a nice collection to date. If you decide to add pedes to your collection, again be carefull of the poison claws. I might also add be carefull period! As they are able to crasp something and in a split second turn around and go across their bodies injecting venom. They are extremely fast<><><>With that being said, catch a couple and enjoy. If they are something you don't get into, just release them back where you found them.