PDA

View Full Version : Hole in book lung.

Neophyte
07-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Title speaks for itself. I noticed a hole in my T. Blondi's prosterior book lung. He has been acting stange lately (defensiveness and climbing) but I don't think it's related to this injury (it may be the opposite).

I'm wondering if this could cause any problems o.o

There is no bleeding, he is a male but he is not mature, his setup is perfectly fine and I even added a crapload of substrate so he doesnt injure himself anymore from climbing (got haired in the process).

Please do not leave any comments referring me to the search function.

xhexdx
07-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Search!!!

Just kidding.

How large is the hole in relation to the size of his lung? I imagine if there isn't bleeding and he is still eating and drinking, it should be ok until his next molt. I have no first-hand experience with this scenario, so all I can do is make suggestions.

I do hope he makes it till his next molt. I would imagine that will resolve the issue.

--Joe

Neophyte
07-20-2009, 01:13 PM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/misery_unleashed/P7191769-1.jpg

upwith inverts!
07-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Id be worried about something getting in there. Other than that it looks fine.

Neophyte
07-20-2009, 01:47 PM
I just had a crappy thought. What if something got in there and that's why theres such a hole o.o

BrynWilliams
07-20-2009, 03:40 PM
I would say if there was something in there that your T may be in a lot worse a state than it is now. It's probably a tear or a food (biting back) related injury.

Sathane
07-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Is there such a thing as 'book lung worms'? :D

Just kidding.