Hole in book lung.

Neophyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Title speaks for itself. I noticed a hole in my T. Blondi's prosterior book lung. He has been acting stange lately (defensiveness and climbing) but I don't think it's related to this injury (it may be the opposite).

I'm wondering if this could cause any problems o.o

There is no bleeding, he is a male but he is not mature, his setup is perfectly fine and I even added a crapload of substrate so he doesnt injure himself anymore from climbing (got haired in the process).

Please do not leave any comments referring me to the search function.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Search!!!

Just kidding.

How large is the hole in relation to the size of his lung? I imagine if there isn't bleeding and he is still eating and drinking, it should be ok until his next molt. I have no first-hand experience with this scenario, so all I can do is make suggestions.

I do hope he makes it till his next molt. I would imagine that will resolve the issue.

--Joe

Neophyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just had a crappy thought. What if something got in there and that's why theres such a hole o.o

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would say if there was something in there that your T may be in a lot worse a state than it is now. It's probably a tear or a food (biting back) related injury.

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is there such a thing as 'book lung worms'? :D

Just kidding.