Alternans "Florida Keys" On eggs!

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wish me luck just noticed my scolopendra alternans "Florida Keys" is sitting on eggs! I have put her in a dark quiet place and Im crossing my fingers. I have heard the Haitian alternans are prone to eating their brood.

mindlessvw

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i've found they need a wee bit of warmth also...not too much but just a bit...

Satellite Rob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi ranchulas,
There my favorite S.Alternans.There big,fat and easy to keep.I seen quite a
few over 9".I miss going out to collecting them.I just can't seem to find the
time anymore.Well there still a great pede.

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey Rob,

all my florida keys-alternans are (and were) extreme burrowers, you never see them on surface. Could you experience the same? In fact they are beautiful creatures, but - as said - they hide alot.

Actually i have one on eggs. Hope they are fertile. ;)

BTW: Good look with the clutch!

Regards
Turgut

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine are extreme burrowers as well. In a way it makes it that much more exciting when I see them! Yes, in my collection my Altenans "Florida Keys" and my S. Angulata are my two least seen sp. of Scolopendra. Great pedes though!

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Mine are extreme burrowers as well. In a way it makes it that much more exciting when I see them! Yes, in my collection my Altenans "Florida Keys" and my S. Angulata are my two least seen sp. of Scolopendra. Great pedes though!
Hey Ranchulas- just a note on those S. angulatas- I put shallow hides in both of my tanks and noticed that they have stopped burrowing & use their hides exclusively. Now I don't have to clean my fingernails every time I want to do a check up! Good luck w/ the eggs!

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Ranchulas- just a note on those S. angulatas- I put shallow hides in both of my tanks and noticed that they have stopped burrowing & use their hides exclusively. Now I don't have to clean my fingernails every time I want to do a check up! Good luck w/ the eggs!
Thanks for the tip! I have three more on the way and will give it a try.