giant african black millipede?

fandip

Arachnopeon
My new Pelmatojulus excisus

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to this whole hobby and I purchased four of these guys from a buddy off of the somethingawful forums. We aren't sure what genius these are but they sure are great to look at! I'm sorry for the crappy picts. My Nikon is in for repairs

Just wanted to say hi and show my buggers. It'll be interesting to find out what they are

After looking on bugsincyberspace.com it seems they are The Ghana Red & Black millipede (Pelmatojulus excisus)?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ghana Red & Black millipede (Pelmatojulus excisus) looks right to me.

fandip

Arachnopeon
They seem pretty neat so far. Not sure exactly what food to give them since it's only been a day but one of them seems to much on a nectarine so far. The other three just dig themselves into the potting soil

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They seem pretty neat so far. Not sure exactly what food to give them since it's only been a day but one of them seems to much on a nectarine so far. The other three just dig themselves into the potting soil
I would go with veggies and some fruits like apple. I fed my millipedes green lettuce, cucumber, carrot, etc......I also had some narceus millis that would eat some betta fish pellets in the bowl. I would always make sure there is fresh veggies in the tank.

fandip

Arachnopeon
I would go with veggies and some fruits like apple. I fed my millipedes green lettuce, cucumber, carrot, etc......I also had some narceus millis that would eat some betta fish pellets in the bowl. I would always make sure there is fresh veggies in the tank.
Thanks, I'll go pick some up tomorrow!