Malaysian giant(?)

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I haven't seen this brought up before, maybe it has. If not, take a look. ..anything to do with sexual dimorphism? I've always suspected this one to be a male but the chances of me being wrong are 50/50 lol. S. subspinipes variant?, it makes me wonder, such a diff...

Satellite Rob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I checked mine and she don't have the black of her coxapleural spines.I know
a couple other people with malaysian gaints and i'll have them check theres.
I'll get back to you as soon as I speak to them.

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi,

I have never seen a "Malaysiant Giant" (Scolopendra subspinipes dehaani) with black coxopleurons (or constrasting to other specimen of same morph).

Nevertheless I don't think it's sexual dimorphism, but an abnormity in coloration?
If it should have something to do with sex, then I wonder why we have never seen such color differences in other subspinipes until yet.

The unusually "swollen" and granulated pores look very strange (usually the pores are finer) - hope the pede is doing well.
Is it the only speciman you keep?

Regards,
Turgut

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ewww, what is THAT?!

i have 2 and none of them have anything like that.

szappan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oh man... I told him to wear a condom... I TOLD him!!! :wall:

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
???? Mine does not have the black either? I am interested to find out what that is.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ha, oh no, mine are turning black too, time to go to the doc:rolleyes: . Hmm, don't know what it is. Yeah I only have one of these, think I've had it two years now. Everything else having to do with the pede looks very healthy. A little wet in there, letting it dry out some. It's in an AC room so water condensates on the sides, pretty dry by the stick-on heater. Just seems weird, ..why black only on both spines, nowhere else?

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey,

there are some pedes who have different colored coxopleurons, contrasted to the body. I remember S. galapagoensis dark form having red coxopleurons?

Anyway, strange morph - looks good :D

Regards
Turgut

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I really like those, I might peel these off and try them, haha. They do look like those bumpy blue chips:razz: