Malaysian Giant Female!

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well my 8 inch large bodied Malaysian Giant became a woman last night!!! She is now on eggs!!! Crossing my fingers. I now have a Scolopendra Alternans "Florida Keys" and the Malaysian Giant on eggs!! Anyone else ever hear of c/b Malaysian Giant pedes? To clear up common name confusion the pede I am calling the Malaysian Giant is a "de haani" form with the red tipped legs.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well my 8 inch large bodied Malaysian Giant became a woman last night!!! She is now on eggs!!! Crossing my fingers. I now have a Scolopendra Alternans "Florida Keys" and the Malaysian Giant on eggs!! Anyone else ever hear of c/b Malaysian Giant pedes? To clear up common name confusion the pede I am calling the Malaysian Giant is a "de haani" form with the red tipped legs.
kenthebugguy have some c/b for sale, altho, they are not babies anymore.

jason

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I thought his c/b babies were the Chinese Giant Orange??Heres a picture of momma before laying eggs.

Last edited:

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it was a while back that he had c/b babies, but now most of them are grown up. this was a while back.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I barely remember that too about the Ken and the Malaysian babies. That's pretty cool. Hope they turn plings on ya. I think I have a male. I had two, a bigger fatter one and this other one. I had a bad accident with the bigger fatter one. Hope you keep us updated with pics.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
botar had them in the past,that's where i got mine. i still have my large female,she never laid any eggs,but the baby i got was a cb from this sp, it's getting there it's about 5 1/2" my female is about 8" good luck w/the eggs:clap:

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it was a while back that he had c/b babies, but now most of them are grown up. this was a while back.
Ok, cool. Yeah I hope I get some babies and she doesn't go postal on me.LOL I'll keep everyone posted. The "Florida" Alternans I have is still holding her eggs as well.

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And.....she ate them!:evil: :wall: :wall:Still have my Alternans on eggs though.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And.....she ate them!:evil: :wall: :wall:Still have my Alternans on eggs though.
DANG IT!! i had my fingers crossed for you, and i check this thread everytime i see your post hoping that this doesn't happen.

o well, i hope you're successful with your alternan.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
And...collective sigh. Sorry man. Better luck with the alternans...

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah no joke! As soon as she laid eggs I placed her in a dark corner and left her alone....Oh well, maybe she will lay again?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Bummer! I've seen that shrinking ball of eggs thing happen too:mad: You may need a male for her by now. Too bad we're tempted to buy 5, hoping there's the opposite sex in there somewhere.