Suprised with eggs

Devil'sRival

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was feeding and found my Hemiscolopendra marginata on eggs. I haven't seen her in a while but I dropped a roach in and she popped her head out of the substrate to get it, revealing the eggs. I checked later and she was eating but she wasn't near the eggs. Is it normal for them to leave their clutch like that? I got her already pregnant and wasn't expecting it. What do I need to do to help insure the eggs hatch? I work 7 on 7 off so I can't monitor her all the time. Do these tend to eat their eggs? This is my first clutch so any info will be appreciated.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldn't feed her anymore and leave her alone until the eggs hatch.

just keep the substrate moist.

important thing to do: leave her alone

Devil'sRival

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That sounds simple enough. How long do I leave them with her after they hatch? I'm trying to find info on my own but all I have is my phone with crap for service here.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That sounds simple enough. How long do I leave them with her after they hatch? I'm trying to find info on my own but all I have is my phone with crap for service here.
i'm guessing a month and a half or 2 months. perhaps sooner, depending on temperatures.

Devil'sRival

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't have pictures right now. I'll take some when I get home Wednesday night. That's if she hasn't ate them by then.

How many eggs does this species normally have? From what I could see it only looked like around 20 give or take. I don't expect there to be too many since she is small.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'm guessing a month and a half or 2 months. perhaps sooner, depending on temperatures.
I take that back, smaller species might develope faster, so it could just be a month.

Devil'sRival

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The eggs are still in the same place they were over a week ago when I went to work and I can see the mother burrowed on the other side of the container. Did she abandon them or do some centipedes leave their eggs? None of them look bad from I can see. I'm not sure where my camera is so I'll take pictures when I find it.