Another premolt Scolopendra heros arizonensis

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
a male, maybe I will blow up the exo, do the "doom" method and take a closer look:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd say it's between 5 and 6 right now. It's captive born and mature, I saw it mate with a female I have, ...never did get eggs this year. Maybe next year. I'm wondering if it got too hot in that room, it easily got to 90+ in there later in the day. Could be pedes just being pedes though.

szappan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh man, just love those arizonensis... :drool: :drool: :drool: & gorgeous pics of an beautiful species :worship:

Tips for that "Doom Sexing": you can clip about half the molted exo, hold the cut edge with tweezers and inflate it holding it open under a faucet, obviously with very low water pressure. Following that, you can put the molt in a bowl of water for inspection, although that's not always necessary.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK! I hope you catch it molting! Looking forward to any results! :D

szappan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
DUDE!!!! THAT VIDEO IS AWESOME!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

I can't believe you sat there taking photos, I thought it was some sort of automatic function on your cam or something. How did you splice them all together? (what software I mean). And did you squirt some water in there at one point?
OK, so you didn't do the Doom experiment, that vid MORE than makes up for it! Way to go!!!

I love those nice little subliminal messages too, that makes this an instant classic for me... very Tyler Durden... :D

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
DUDE!!!! THAT VIDEO IS AWESOME!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

I can't believe you sat there taking photos, I thought it was some sort of automatic function on your cam or something. How did you splice them all together? (what software I mean). And did you squirt some water in there at one point?
OK, so you didn't do the Doom experiment, that vid MORE than makes up for it! Way to go!!!

I love those nice little subliminal messages too, that makes this an instant classic for me... very Tyler Durden... :D
Ditto on the software- Image Ready? The subliminal messages made me think that I'd forgotten my medication. Nice work!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks, it's a lot more simple that I thought it would be. lol I stood there and took 413 pics!, seems like I only took around 30! Seems like I took one about every 5 secs, but walked around a little now and then. Yeah, I did squirt a little rain water in there. The light was kind of bright and a little warm, I didn't want it to dry out too much in there while it was molting. I googled 'time-lapse', vid, how to..", something like that and found several sites about how to do it with diff programs. I already have Windows Movie Maker on my computer so I used that and followed the directions off of one of the sites I came across. Basically with Windows Movie Maker, which prob most of us have, you can do it this way:

*take all your pics, create a file on your comp for them

*open Windows Movie Maker and go to "file" at the top left, under that, click on "import into collections"

*browse for the folder your pics are in, open it, click a file, then do a "ctrl a", or however it is you do to choose all the files in a folder

*they should pop up in your "collection", click on the first one and do another "ctrl a" to highlight them all

*pull them down by dragging them by the first pic and drop the first pic into the bottom, first, left-hand frame at the bottom of the screen, they should all display

*then under "tools", click on "options", click "advanced" while in "options" and choose the amount of frames you want per second "picture duration". It only lets you do as many as 8 pics a second(.125) with WMM. There are other programs that allow you to play more per second that would make it look more smooth but I haven't looked into those

*click "OK" and then you can watch your movie on the screen to the left. If it's what you want, save it to your comp

Basically just doing a really fast "slide-show".

Vid now with music:D

Last edited: