Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Were can I buy Hypoaspis Mites.Today I did a google search and a yahoo
search.But couldn't find anyone how had them.Any help to find them would
really be appreciated.

Lucas339

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i am also culturing spring tails and a type of grain mite well away from my collection.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that's not a bad idea, because grain mite grows like wild fire. put some oat meal in there and just add water!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I forgot who I bought some from, biocontrol(?). Anyway, mine came with grain mites lol, they use grain mites as feeders ...a mite you would be wanting to get rid of. So if you don't have grain mites, I wouldn't order any hypoaspis until I found grain mites in my cages. I don't know if most of the co's selling hypoaspis use grain mites as feeders for the mites, so you might want to ask.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I forgot who I bought some from, biocontrol(?). Anyway, mine came with grain mites lol, they use grain mites as feeders ...a mite you would be wanting to get rid of. So if you don't have grain mites, I wouldn't order any hypoaspis until I found grain mites in my cages. I don't know if most of the co's selling hypoaspis use grain mites as feeders for the mites, so you might want to ask.
Yes Hypoaspis miles are come with grain mites in the container for food
otherwise they will pray on each other
Natures way someone always eat someone :}

Lucas339

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
these mites will eat anything they can. not just other mites. they cutlutre them using spring tails and other mites.

i have witnessed them devouring graing mites. after my little experiment here, im going to bring some to the lab and see if i can get some video of them. they are very swift moving for a mite. and are ferocious predators.

i wonder if they'd work on snake mites??

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Of course i have tried it, else i wouldn't give such a clear statement.

Jayz159

Arachnopeon
I would want to buy a small amount of predatory mites not freaking 1 liter for 25$. I guess culturing WOULD have to be nessacary to get my money's worth. I only have about 8 T's lol 1 liter is to much!

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's a small as the bottle usually is. If you have 8 T's that is not much of an expense...especially once a year.