Old Timer
So I moved from my grandmother's about 2 weeks ago,
and was settling into my new place,
this morning I go to pick up the last of my things,
which included my ENTIRE collection of tarantulas and other pets,
plus a TV and a box of shoes,
not too little but enough to bring back in only one trip w/ the car,

well when I got there this morning, all that was there in my room was the TV
and on top of it my box of shoes and my mail.
I asked where she put all the cages and containers,
she said "I threw all the critters out, I'm sure they were of no importance".

After the initial shock and some choice words for her,
I proceeded to leave the building, and cry my eyeballs out for over an hour downstairs.

I am just venting here since this is an 'announcements' section... and still choking back tears...
I feel betrayed and have thought of everything from sueing to arson to homicide...

I am upset beyond what words can express ...
I had most of these minus maybe 5, since they were tiny..

I can't believe I'm down to quantity one, my MM rosea who was out on loan and just made
it back from Texas is with me at the new place...
My list was as follows... I still can't believe I am speaking of my babies in the past tense ..
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

RIP all my beloveds... I will miss you so so much... :(

Ts:

Pamphobeteus nigricolor 1.1.0 Elizabeth and Henry
Brachypelma Smithi 0.1.0 Bella
Brachypelma Auratum 0.1.1 Julia and Primo
Brachypelma Vagans 0.0.1 (no name)
Aphonopelma Behlei 0.0.1 (no name)
Aphonopelma Chalcodes 0.0.1 Fuji
Pterinochilus-wacky Murinus 0.0.1 Taz
Grammostola Rosea 1.2.1 Duchess, Moe, Bruce, and Carly
Grammostola Rosea RCF 1.1.0 PS2 and Kip
Grammostola Pulchra 0.0.1 Crayola
Avicularia Versicolor 0.1.1 Charlotte and Twinky
Heteroscodra maculata 0.0.1 Eunice and Toby
GBB 0.0.2 (no names)

Scorps:

Babycurus Jacksoni x1 (4I) "X-box"

Crested Gecko
(1 adult male) "Harley"

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can't believe that!

Your entire collection was thrown out!!!!!!!??????

I would be soooo pissed if that ever happened.

I have about 5 different breeding projects going on, I'll make sure to save 2 slings from each sac for you, free of charge.

God, I can't believe that.

sinflspeed

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, what would posses someone to think that was okay to do? Did she let them go or did she murder them? I am completely floored just reading it! I can't begin to imagine what you are going through right now. I get a pain in my stomach just thinking about someone doing anything remotely the same to my collection. Ontop of that you had some very nice tarantulas. I am sure "sorry to hear" doesn't help. Much less the unknowing of where and what ultimately happened to them. I can only wish there is any kind of positive outcome to this disastrous situation. Ben

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's very nice of you to say Warren thank you...
I am just really heart-broken.. I can't believe this...
it's hard to accept..

:mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can't believe that!

Your entire collection was thrown out!!!!!!!??????

I would be soooo pissed if that ever happened.

I have about 5 different breeding projects going on, I'll make sure to save 2 slings from each sac for you, free of charge.

God, I can't believe that.
It's something I can't even think of!! (the details of how or when)
I am really like.. wow...

Wow, what would posses someone to think that was okay to do? Did she let them go or did she murder them? I am completely floored just reading it! I can't begin to imagine what you are going through right now. I get a pain in my stomach just thinking about someone doing anything remotely the same to my collection. Ontop of that you had some very nice tarantulas. I am sure "sorry to hear" doesn't help. Much less the unknowing of where and what ultimately happened to them. I can only wish there is any kind of positive outcome to this disastrous situation. Ben

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh No!, Oh My Dear! I Am so so sorry :(
I cant even find a word to say....
Hugs..... :(

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OMG...OMG....I am SO sorry to hear of this. My heart is absolutely breaking for you....so, so sorry. ♥ :(
As Anastasia said; there are simply no words for this. :(

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My mind is raising...., did you asked her where did she toss them??
did you try to look if you can find any to rescue??!!
OMG ! Am so sorry

lilmoonrabbit

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OMG, I am so so sorry. I am speechless. What a horrible thing to have to endure! I wish there was more that I could do, but all I can say is I am sorry and I hope that she realizes just what a terrible thing she has done.

I too am curious as to where she put them, whether she destroyed them or just dumped them outside somewhere. Any chance she acted semi-humanely and dropped them off at a shelter or something somewhere? I have seen T listings at my local shelter every once and a while.

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Everything is gone, my heart is broken... :( :( :(

She said she got 'rid of everything' on Tuesday because the garbage truck comes by Wednesdays... so... :( I was literally 24-48 hrs too late...
she could've called me or anything I would've gone in a heart-beat.. she's only about 10 mins away...
I know now that they are what I should've taken FIRST, and not last..
oh my
god what am I going to do... I am just... I mean nothing can fix this... I am torn.. I am destroyed.. thanks for the kind words.. I am really fighting back
tears.. like I don't even know what to do or say..

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
OMG!!! My heart is racing right now. That would piss me off soooo bad. Dont worry Bianca I'll take care of you. When I send your new babies there will be a few suprises in there for you. Everything works out for good people, believe it. It will get better I promise.

tjmi2000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I realize this person is your grandmother and while the animals had no importance to her, didn't she realize their importance to you? Or what about the fact that they were living organisms and not garbage to be tossed out. It is unimaginable to me that people can be this cruel! I am just flabbergasted by this situation. I might be in jail right now for elder abuse if I were you!

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't worry, next year I willll send you a few B. smithi, P. regalis, A. geniculata, and Aphonopelma sp. "Carlsbad green" slings once I breed them, as well as a pair of Centruroides vittatus.

I know this will not make up for your lost collection, but this should make you feel a little better. :)

BrianWI

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have seen people on here with "pest" species roaches. Maybe you could help Grandma see the light with a nice colony of her own... freerange. :evil:

As for you, if a few hissers would make your new place more homey, PM me an address ;)

rvtjonny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im so sad Bianca, why would your granny do this to you? she should had at least called and say "get your crap out or ill get rid of it" it was a mean and cruel thing to do. i know she is your granny but did you consider pressing charges or bringing it to small claims court?

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is unbelievable! Really sorry for your loss. You could try and call the company that picks the trash up to see where they take it and they would probably let you go through to see if you can find their enclosures if they were still in them and not broken.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My jaw dropped from the time I read that she said 'I'm sure they were of no importance.' and is still dropped...

I'm so sorry! How can someone believe they were of no importance but you were keeping them!? That makes no logical sense!

PM is on the way.

mxslanksta

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
WOW. im mad just reading this. i dont understand how someone can do that. i kno how u feel because there is nothing u can do. i dont kno wut id do if i where you all i kno is that id b in jail. really sry to hear about wut hapened.

HerbertWest

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I cant believe that happened..im very sorry that happened to you..i would prolly be throwing some fists if i was you..but this fall ill be doing quite a bit of breeding and will try to contact you and hook you up with some

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
<edit>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i jus wanna blow something up for you!
this is NOT right and I would go INSANE if that happened to me seriously!
not only that you lost them but that who knos whats happened to them! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! man im so sorry for ya.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would have gone in her house and thrown out a collection of her belongings. Out of the window of the top floor of the house.

I am rage'ing for you right now. Were they in glass enclosures? You may be able to go to the dump and salvage. Hell I would.