Mystery blue centipede

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks a lot like my Hemiscolopendra chilensis at first glance.

<edit> I went and looked at my specimens and coloration is slightly different primarily within the legs (there is some yellow). Mine seem to show thinner terminals but that might just be angles from the photo or something of the like. Hope Turgut can chime in here. He'll probably know what it is! (Other than very blue! :) )

Last edited:

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks a lot like my Hemiscolopendra chilensis at first glance.

<edit> I went and looked at my specimens and coloration is slightly different primarily within the legs (there is some yellow). Mine seem to show thinner terminals but that might just be angles from the photo or something of the like. Hope Turgut can chime in here. He'll probably know what it is! (Other than very blue! :) )
How can you compare with a pede that doesnt even occur there.
Coloration is nothing.

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi;

First of all Hemiscolopendra chilensis is now called A. chilensis ( anybody can help me to remeber what this "A" means?)

The only hemiscolopendra sp. that exist now is H. marginata from North america.

Just from distribution it can't be A. chilensis ( from chile, south america ) and the other one is from Borneo, Asia ( the only centipede that I know from scolopendromorpha family that has so big distribution rang is S. subspinipes)

My guess Ethmostigmus rubripes rubripes. Why? Because that has typical ethmostigmus headplate and first tergites form. And because in borneo there exist this sp.

Just a guess, maybe i'm in a mistake.

Cheers
Carles

Greg Pelka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
According to shape of headplate and no. of smooth antennomers - Etmostigmus sp.