Chewing through spray foam insulation

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Anybody ever had this happen? I have two Orthoporus ornatus that have chewed holes through the insulation used to fill in gaps between a trisected 20-gallon tank. What the @#*&? Fortunately, the holes are miniscule & not large enough for any of the other tanks' inhabitants to ge through.

skips

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anybody ever had this happen? I have two Orthoporus ornatus that have chewed holes through the insulation used to fill in gaps between a trisected 20-gallon tank. What the @#*&? Fortunately, the holes are miniscule & not large enough for any of the other tanks' inhabitants to ge through.
I've been told it's not a good idea to even use a critter carrier because they can chew through the plastic grating. that's impressive. Most people told me they'd never had that problem. but obviously it's happened...

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I couldn't find the can that I used, but I have read that soy is being used in some spray foams, which may be enticing to a couple of harcore herbivores. They also managed to strip all of the dried spagnhum that I glued to the foam with silicon aquarium sealant. Here's hoping they don't get hungry for acrylic or glass:confused:

skips

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I couldn't find the can that I used, but I have read that soy is being used in some spray foams, which may be enticing to a couple of harcore herbivores. They also managed to strip all of the dried spagnhum that I glued to the foam with silicon aquarium sealant. Here's hoping they don't get hungry for acrylic or glass:confused:
These things are just hardcore escape artists. they just dont need someone to smuggle in a file in a cake. they come born with files