HELP! :( Sick millipede

fluffyleopard

Arachnopeon
I need some quick advice. One of my pet millipedes is acting very sick and isn't crawling normally. It isnt gripping with its feet and crawlign like a worm. It also isnt eating and it wont stick its feelers out to feel where it is going.

I just removed the adults form the tank their babies were in and I dont know if that is what has cause my millipede to deteriorate to this sluggish stage. I dont know what to do. HELP!

fluffyleopard

Arachnopeon
Don't know cause it has gone underground and I don't want to disturb it. I think it migh tbe molting.

blind carpenter

Arachnopeon
hi, i am new here so if i am doing this wrong please tell me and i will fix it... i have a problem with a millipede baby. it's about 2 inches long still and it recently molted after which it didnt move for a while and now i see that somehow at about the center of his length it looks af if the meat between two segments is out. like it cracked and there are no feet underneath. like it fell out of one side and is there unprotected. i wish i had a camera to post a picture. i'll try that tomorrow. is it possible that its molting again so fast? it molted just a few weeks ago...it's glossy black pink leg, if that helps...

SDCPs

Arachnolord
Don't know cause it has gone underground and I don't want to disturb it. I think it migh tbe molting.
I wouldn't disturb it. There's not really anything you can do besides attempt to ensure the new tank you have your pedes in isn't hostile to them.

hi, i am new here so if i am doing this wrong please tell me and i will fix it... i have a problem with a millipede baby. it's about 2 inches long still and it recently molted after which it didnt move for a while and now i see that somehow at about the center of his length it looks af if the meat between two segments is out. like it cracked and there are no feet underneath. like it fell out of one side and is there unprotected. i wish i had a camera to post a picture. i'll try that tomorrow. is it possible that its molting again so fast? it molted just a few weeks ago...it's glossy black pink leg, if that helps...
Babies molt often, but sounds like mechanical damage--nothing can be done unless the pede repairs itself.