we found a mantis that laid an eggsack...can we keep it in the fridge till next year?

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mom found me a mantis and it laid an eggsack... i was wondering if i stuck it in the fridge would it keep until next year? if so what time of year should i get it out?

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Uncooled, it'll hatch in roughly 30 days if it's a Chinese. You can keep it in the fridge until spring and take it out when it starts to get warm. There will be 150 or more babies, so you can release any you don't want to raise.

Wade

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Be careful, mantid oothecae dessicate quite easily in modern model refridgerators, even in the crisper.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would just put it in a shed outside then bring it in in the spring. or something along those lines

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You could put it in a ziploc bag or deli cup.

Wade

reptillian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i would just let it hatch on its own dont put it in the fridge. well i wouldnt i would just drop the tempature in the container youve put them in.

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
put in in the shed or garage then it is just normal temp for this time off year?? o well dont listen to me my advice is probally rubbish lol!! but in the fridge is too cold i think.Bring it out when the weather starts to warm up and then you will have lots off little monsters!!!! feed them on pinheads and fruite flys!!!!!!