Otostigmus cf. angusticeps schindleri

krabbelspinne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As two of my Otostigmus cf. angusticeps schindleri were on eggs, I was very surprised today:

Finally in the container are several goodlooking pedelings now. This is a great success since the first clutch did not survive the nymph stadium.

Last edited:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Congrats! It's a bad feeling thinking you might run out. Did you get a count yet?

krabbelspinne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
no, not yet. I lost the last clutch because of disturbing. So now I will wait some weeks until I seperate them.

btw: such small pedelings ever find a way out of a container. I once had more then 30 P. rex walking arround in my house...

Since that, I put the small containers in a terrabox, so there is a big chance to catch them!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had the same thing happen, well almost. I had a mother with pedelings in a gallon plastic jar with small holes all over it. She dug a chamber at the bottom, still there was a small hole in the plastic there where the chamber was. I was watching, all of the sudden a pedeling walked halfway out of the hole, then walked back into the chamber. "Heeeeyyyy, that's not good", so I plugged it up of course. I thought the hole was too small for it. Lucky I saw that. ...P. rex, those are pretty expensive over here.