---Unknown Pede---

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scolopendra s. "striped legs"

Pretty common and cheap where you come from. Send it to US for 15$ to make big bucks :eek:

Jonathan.Hui

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Scolopendra s. "striped legs"

Pretty common and cheap where you come from. Send it to US for 15$ to make big bucks :eek:

How ?? ... I really want to send some and make big bucks haha... I can get loads of them in different size and colour form... any idea how to send them ??
:worship:

krabbelspinne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It seems to be a kind of Scolopendra subspinipes dehaani in a very nice colour form: In Germany it is called "tigerleg"...

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah common name is the tiger leg here in the US as well. Pretty rare over here. Last ones available were $65.00!!!!! Too much IMO.

Jonathan.Hui

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah common name is the tiger leg here in the US as well. Pretty rare over here. Last ones available were $65.00!!!!! Too much IMO.
Oh shoot... I got this for $2.US... I got bunch of them in HK... can you tell me a method of mailing them... I try to ask DHL and fedex but they said its illegal to send centipede and when the MAIL arrive US... those guys in the post office will use some kind of X-ray stuff to check the mail...

so... any suggestion on sending them ?? :?

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Standard express HK post will do, it worked with many other people who tried it.

I think but not sure that even EMS worked.
Just dont dont write whats inside :eek: Or just specimen for research.
And use small parcels or even bubbles-envelopes with hard containers in.

Jonathan.Hui

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Standard express HK post will do, it worked with many other people who tried it.

I think but not sure that even EMS worked.
Just dont dont write whats inside :eek: Or just specimen for research.
And use small parcels or even bubbles-envelopes with hard containers in.
I see... but will they go through any kind of x-ray thing...?? and what will happen to me if I get caught that I sent centipede to US... :wall:

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As far as i know nothing happens to you. (I know 3 people who have sent several times, and nothing)

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just because you could probably mail them here with no problem doesnt make it legal, if someone from the US bought them without a permit they run the risk of running a huge fine. That said, I dont really care how the pedes get here as long as they get here alive and im not involved in the primary transactio. Guaranteed someone here will give you an earfull if they find out about this. Just my thought, nice pede BTW.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's usually dealers that give the earful because they pay the fees and it cuts into their business. I don't know anything about it but to me, on the surface, it does sound like there could be an easier way and could cost less.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
It's usually dealers that give the earful because they pay the fees and it cuts into their business. I don't know anything about it but to me, on the surface, it does sound like there could be an easier way and could cost less.
Hypothetically, there's always the possibility of having a fee based import group with a designated "captain" to fill out the paperwork for permitting, etc., but it would need a lot of members & frequent imports to make sense financially. Beats paying $200 for a 3" 'pede:D

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some US "dealers" have smuggled on some occasions so .. :)

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Steep fines/potential jail time(?) IF you get nabbed. I suppose if you have the disposable cash & no bills...

I don't mind paying some dealers prices, but there are a couple who seem intent on pinching every last penny out of you. I'm really surprised that no one over the years has attempted some sort of combined effort to keep costs low. It certainly doesn't make sense for an individual to go through all the hassles of permitting, but a group of hobbyists?