Scolopendra polymorpha

mandipants

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How much would a 5 inch Scolopendra polymorpha be worth? I found a native one about this size and traded it for a couple Tarantulas at an exotic shop. I think I got the better end of the deal (about a $60 value), just curious.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How much would a 5 inch Scolopendra polymorpha be worth? I found a native one about this size and traded it for a couple Tarantulas at an exotic shop. I think I got the better end of the deal (about a $60 value), just curious.

Are you sure it was polymorpha? If it was give me the address of that pet shop.

John

azvenomous

Arachnopeon
I don't know what the polymorpha's are selling for , but I've given away 5 s.heros arizonensis in the last couple of months. I have kept one that is about 8" or so and just added a polymorpha to my collection, it's about 4 inches I would guess.Really nice looking little pede. These are very common here in So. Arizona this time of year.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I don't know what the polymorpha's are selling for , but I've given away 5 s.heros arizonensis in the last couple of months. I have kept one that is about 8" or so and just added a polymorpha to my collection, it's about 4 inches I would guess.Really nice looking little pede. These are very common here in So. Arizona this time of year.
If you need to dispose of any more, I can certainly help you out;)

azvenomous

Arachnopeon
I have local kids bringing me the s.heros every so often. It has been raining today and will continue for the next few days, and I will most likely have a few in the next couple of days. I'll let you know. Just slightly off topic(well not really). Was checking a for sale on venonousreptiles.org. Back in Feb. of this year he had an ad for a LTC 8" s.heros arizonensis and he only wanted $200.00 for it.Why would anyone pay that much for a w/c local pede. Seems a little high priced to me, considering they're not that rare.

Last edited:

PoPpiLLs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
azvenomous let me know too I really want to add some s.heros to my collection :D

azvenomous

Arachnopeon
When I get some I'll post them on the board. If anyone wants them, let me know and we'll work out a price we can both be happy with. I've seen them for sale recently for $90.00 plus shipping, and I think that is excessive. But to each his own, I guess if a person wants it bad enough, they'll pay whatever it takes to get it.

recluse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I catch S. polymorpha in my backyard, feed them and let them go. I think you got the better end of the deal.

azvenomous

Arachnopeon
I catch S. polymorpha in my backyard, feed them and let them go. I think you got the better end of the deal.
I also think he got a great deal. I have given the local kids a couple of dollars for the s. heros. I'd trade a pede for a couple T's any day.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I have local kids bringing me the s.heros every so often. It has been raining today and will continue for the next few days, and I will most likely have a few in the next couple of days. I'll let you know. Just slightly off topic(well not really). Was checking a for sale on venonousreptiles.org. Back in Feb. of this year he had an ad for a LTC 8" s.heros arizonensis and he only wanted $200.00 for it.Why would anyone pay that much for a w/c local pede. Seems a little high priced to me, considering they're not that rare.
I know the ad(I think?). Jacking up the price like that only turns folks off from making an attempt at breeding. Esp. with the development AZ is seeing in the south, it's probably better to get CB stock going sooner than later. I for one would definitely be interested some breeding attempts & thanks to other members here, we have a pretty fair idea of how to go about it with at least some success.

szappan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just checked out on a map where Colorado is, NICE place!

So I'm assuming it was the "regular" striped color variant of sc. polymorpha? Because if it would've been the "Baja" color morph then MAYBE it'd be worth $60 - but even that's a stretch. So it sounds like you got the better end of the deal... congrats! :clap:

Off topic: Damn I wish we could get some of those sc. arizonensis over in Europe on a more regular basis! :wall:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i mean, a really pretty 5" polymorpha could be worth $60 to the right person. if i was trying to breed i would possibly pay $60 for a brick red with good bright blue or green legs... or a blue or green with red legs

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
It's interesting because one S. polymorpha is generally worth around $15 and getting someone to buy it is another story. However, I imagine the person at that pet shop wanted that specimen for some reason and traded what it was worth to them.

german shepard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Add me to that want list

azvenomous,
Do me a favor as well, please add me to that Heros list also. Always looking for more of my favorite Centipede family. love the Heros Heros, Heros Arizonesis & Heros Castinecips. So if you find anymore add my name to that "I'll buy them from you list". Thanks

azvenomous

Arachnopeon
Will be going out tonight ( in about another hour ) for a little walk with a buddy.
Going to be looking for some herps and s. heros. People in town say they've been seeing a lot of Gila's lately and want to observe one in the wild. Won't be taking any Gila's (already have one on my permit):D and can't take any from the wild any how. Just going to see what's out there. If we come across any heros will let everyone know.

azvenomous

Arachnopeon
Went out for about two hours last night. Didn't find any s. heros, clouds were coming in in the afternoon, and was praying for rain, but didn't happen:( did see a MM Arizona Blond looking for a mate. Also saw a huntsman and an orb weaver spider. Best find of the evening was a 6" Longnose snake and a 4" Black headed snake. Buddy of mine had such a good time, he gave me one of his 3 1/2' Coachwhips (called red racers here in Az.) This is one of the last two non-venomous Az. snakes I've been looking to add to my exhibit.All said, was a good time.:D

digiwalker

Arachnopeon
Yeah man, whats the deal on the Tucson show? Wanna go?

We could just road cruise down to the Border instead

By the way. I have had a couple offers on the heros. It is an eating machine...6 mealworms a day so far..