S. morsitans eggs

dtasrt_lk

Arachnopeon
The second of my pedes to lay eggs for me this season, here are some photos :)

This was directly after laying, where she was cleaning them. I only got a few shots before she wrapped up, blocking the view. Caught her just in time.

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, great pics- i love the colors and clarity! I must say, that is a very striking girl you have there. :) Please don't take this as an insult of any sort, but is it just me or does she somewhat resemble a piece of sushi? The morsitans roll!

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mmmmm sushi....

I must say that first pic is absolutely spectacular!!! Hope those eggs hatch!

skips

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
may I ask, did you get your mortisans to breed, or were they shipped to you wild caught already gravid?

dtasrt_lk

Arachnopeon
Thanks all. and haha fyreflye:p

skips: this one is wild caught gravid, I collected her myself. When I found this population I took just two females. I didnt find a male but that wasnt a worry because I expected them to have mated anyway.

They are quite small, only getting to ~80mm. This is the other one:

Last edited:

skips

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks all. and haha fyreflye:p

skips: this one is wild caught gravid, I collected her myself. When I found this population I took just two females. I didnt find a male but that wasnt a worry because I expected them to have mated anyway.

They are quite small, only getting to ~80mm. This is the other one:

good god in heaven they're pretty. I'm pretty new to pedes and all this morph stuff...well I havnt bothered to learn all the morphs of any species. What morph is this? I'm really looking for captive bred pedes but im starting to think no one in the continental U.S. actually breeds them.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Mmmmm sushi....

I must say that first pic is absolutely spectacular!!! Hope those eggs hatch!
My thoughts exactly{D Almost looks like fish roe wrapped in a tiger prawn. More wasabi , please! Is this lady from N. Africa?

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
country of origin?

Amazingly beautiful pede! Love the neon blue legs!

What country of origin? I'm guessing it's South Africa.

Todd

skips

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sorry to be a pest, but what would I have to call this centipede to refer to it's exact coloration? It's S. mortisans, but is there an appended subspecies or morph name?

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's S. mortisans, but is there an appended subspecies or morph name?
No, recently not or better...there are subspecies of morsitans but this one does not belong to a special one. But they are from Australia, thats for sure.

Regards
Turgut

dtasrt_lk

Arachnopeon
Oops sorry, forgot to mention that. Thanks Turgut. yes these are from Australia, no subspecies and I dont have a special 'morph name' for them :) however morsitans from this area have really bright red cephalic plate/tergite I, compared to the usual brown. Its the first thing to catch my eye when lifting up a rock with one of these underneath.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful. So they went from snake morphs to invert ones? :D

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is the most beautiful thing I've seen all week. Thanks for sharing and good luck!

skips

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks turgut and dtasrt_lk. Man it's cool looking.

Jonathan.Hui

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The second of my pedes to lay eggs for me this season, here are some photos :)

This was directly after laying, where she was cleaning them. I only got a few shots before she wrapped up, blocking the view. Caught her just in time.

Can you post the full size image of the second picture?? ... I would like to use it as my wallpaper... haha THX! :D

skips

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha, those pictures are my facebook picture right now. Like I said. Beautiful pede. get those photos copy writed...but dont sue me.

mandipants

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't really do the peds, but this is breathtaking. Kudos! These shots blow 90% of the T pics I've seen out of the water. I would hang this on my wall, above the mantel. Bravo!!!!

And of course, congrats on your up coming additions!

dtasrt_lk

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the compliments. Photos are meant to be shared! Technically they are copyrighted (through Flickr) but I dont mind if people use them..

I will take another photo later on of the pedelings :)