S Gigantea

dougle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Anyone out there own the S . Gigantea the Black Morph ? or any other color form? we have to get these giants in the hobby.

Jonathan.Hui

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Anyone out there own the S . Gigantea the Black Morph ? or any other color form? we have to get these giants in the hobby.

... I wish to get one ...... I can't find any in Hong Kong yet... :wall:

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hopefully I'll have my S. gigantea (black morph) and S. virdircornis by the end of this month! Here's to crossing the fingers and staying positive! :clap:

burmish101

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think Todd Gearheart brought some in a few months ago, and I bet they sold fast. IMO if your very interested in getting some, start putting some cash aside and wait until somone imports some so you can grab yours quick.

Satellite Rob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Todd didn't get any S.Gigantia or S.Virdircornis few of months ago.There was
problems with the agent a few days before shipping and thay were never sent.

dougle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Rob you are one of the original pioneers , I am hoping to get two of the S Gigantea black morphs in the near future from a dealer I want say who I prefer to keep that private, but I have always wanted these Giants of the centipede world , I am looking forward to getting mine in the near future,I am in the process of trying to build a collection up .:clap: :clap: :clap:

Satellite Rob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I spoke to Todd last night and this time he hopes to do better with the
S.Gigantia + S.Viidiscornis.I've known Todd since the early 1990's and when
he puts his mind to something.It sooner or latter will happen.We still have to
wait a little longer.But I have some good vibes about it this time.By the way.
You are right.I am one of the originals.

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello All,

we really need to have some of these giants back into the hobby.

I want to say that a big majority of what is in the hobby is now too old and close to expire or it had already expired.

In my case I lost my 10.5 Sc gigantea "robusta" about 1.5 years ago after she molt.

I belive she was arount 9-10 years old or so.

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's true what they say, patience is a virtue. Somethings are worth the wait. The S. gigantea, and S. viridicornis are definitely a few of the things on that list.

Bjoern Elksnat

Arachnosquire
Hello friends,

a friend of mine has both species in stock, the blackish one and real gigantea.

He told me that the black one is also a gigantea robusta (dark colur form; old trivial, not guilty name) - but the real name for them is Scolopendra galapagoensis! Not gigantea....

LG Björni

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its even funny that some dealers advertise giganteas while not having them..
Its funnier how people buy pedes of 300 $ or more, while even the dealer who sells them posts international ads looking for them..

:?

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi,

thats not the whole truth.

There ARE S. gigantea species that exactly resemble the dark S. galapagoensis from Ecuador, but those dark S. gigantea usually come from Isla Margarita in Venezuela and not Ecuador.
Of course they differ in taxonomic details but for the simple observer they look the same...that means dark body and striped legs. like the striped legs from China, of course more robust and bigger.

Steven had a nice posting here on AB, showing pictures of all the morphs.
Here is the link
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=144434&highlight=gigantea

Regards,
Turgut

Last edited:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
back in 96 i had the black form,(i also had robusta,whiteleg too)i think it came out of trinidad,it was a huge black beast,never should of sold it but at that time they were coming in quite often and then that was it no more,national geographic bought my white leg gigantea(12")last year, didn't really want to sell her but..........$1000 and being a star on TV,well.......nuff said,but i know todd will get them,but it will take some time.........i'm in no hurry:)