---Chinese Behemoth---

Jonathan.Hui

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

This monster is 20cm+ ... I bet its around 22cm...:rolleyes: Is this tank too small for it ?? do I have to get a bigger one ?? :?

HaploFool

No longer a pet hole
Arachnosupporter
I would DEFINITELY get a bigger one!! I'm thinking 20 gallon high even.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's huge! It's really hard to capture size with a pic. Personally, I'd use a 10 gal.

Jonathan.Hui

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thx for the advice! I'll change the tank very soon ... by the way how much would this pede(20cm+) cost in USA... :confused:

german shepard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice sized Pede there buddy?

Jonathan.Hui
Thats a nice sized Chinese Giant. I have a few pushing that size as well. According to my calculations (cheating of course google search conversion)
1" = 2.5 centimeters that would make your 22cm giant around 8.7".
I have in my collection to date, a 10" Vietnamese Giant, 9" Chinese Giant and a 9" Thai Giant. Along with a couple 8" Alternans and a 8" Heros Castinecips, and several other species ranging from 3" to 7". Both the Chinese & Thai giants were purchased awhile ago from Harrypei right here on the AB. If I remember right, they were around $75.00 each. As far as housing I do believe as the prior post that a larger container would do wounders. All of mine are either housed in a 10 or 20 gallon aquarium. I really need to get a friend to assist in some pics to post.
Have some beauties and need to show them off!

dougle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
dougle

I am housing all of my pedes in sterlite containers from walmart they are very happy plus the containers are cheap ,stackable ,viewable ,and they hold humidity in real good,and they want break!

Jonathan.Hui

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
german shepard: You got a lot of huge pedes... by the way, I would like to get a 10" vietnam giant... is it possible if I use two 18~20cm+ Chinese giant to exchange a 10" vietnam giant ?? :rolleyes:

dougle: Thanks for the advice... I'll try to get one as soon as possible... hehe :}

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Whoa, that dog's too big for the bun!

Jonathan- when you have seen 'pedes in the wild, what is the habitat like? Rocky, near water, soil type, etc.?

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Just wondering what the environmental conditions are like where your local centipedes are found? The first part was just a dumb joke;)

Jonathan.Hui

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just wondering what the environmental conditions are like where your local centipedes are found? The first part was just a dumb joke;)

haha, sorry my english suck...

by the way ... I got my centipede from local fish shop, they use to feed centipede to some kind of giant fish(cost around $1000+US)... :D

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you got that for FEEDING???
we get small mutilans here for feeding...but a 8" pede?WOW!:eek:
i really need you to show me where to get these guys!
p.s. im going in october.hehe.

german shepard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
10" Vietnamese Pede

Jonathan.Hui
Believe it or not I actually found and bought that 10" Vietnamese Pede at a local Reptile show in Texas. Also found my 8" Heros Castinecips at one as well.
Just got to have a couple things in your favor, Luck & Patience. We have another show in 2 weeks, have heard a rumor that one of the guys I have bought from in the past might have some Giganteas!
Just keep plugging away, one day you'll find them, by the way "Your English is good and doesn't suck" Marty

Jonathan.Hui

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Jonathan.Hui
Believe it or not I actually found and bought that 10" Vietnamese Pede at a local Reptile show in Texas. Also found my 8" Heros Castinecips at one as well.
Just got to have a couple things in your favor, Luck & Patience. We have another show in 2 weeks, have heard a rumor that one of the guys I have bought from in the past might have some Giganteas!
Just keep plugging away, one day you'll find them, by the way "Your English is good and doesn't suck" Marty

Thx haha ... if there is really some giganteas.. please buy it and send them to me!!! that is my dream pede!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:
it is sad that there is no reptile show in HK... only those dogs and cats show...
and its very hard to get pedes in HK... :8o

t-lover

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
giganteas

i am waiting on a shipment of the black morph gigantea to get in so i can get one for myself i thought a normal gigantea would be cool but a black morph will make me crap myself, along with its price :rolleyes: should be in around 9/27 he says

Jonathan.Hui

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i am waiting on a shipment of the black morph gigantea to get in so i can get one for myself i thought a normal gigantea would be cool but a black morph will make me crap myself, along with its price :rolleyes: should be in around 9/27 he says
You are lucky... I wish someone can ship ANY FORM of a giant gigantea to me ... :8o