First pede question.

MutedUziel

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am thinking about getting a Ethmostigmus trigonopodus (African Yellow Leg) was wondering if this is a good starter?
Also could you offer an advice on keeping this pede, or just keeping pedes in general. Maybe post pics of your enclosers and a few details about it.

Thank you,
~MutedUziel~

Jonathan.Hui

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am thinking about getting a Ethmostigmus trigonopodus (African Yellow Leg) was wondering if this is a good starter?
Also could you offer an advice on keeping this pede, or just keeping pedes in general. Maybe post pics of your enclosers and a few details about it.

Thank you,
~MutedUziel~
Use coco fibre + some wood piece for the setting... keep the humid at around 50%~70% ... temperature around 20~26*C ... hope this could help you... :eek:

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
E. trigonopodus is a good starter IMO. Not too defensive or bitey although I rarely see mine on the surface. For the nine months that I've had it, it rarely eats & mostly sticks to the underground chambers it has built. I originally had it in a 5 gallon tank, but got tired of digging it up to see if it was dead(the roach left in the tank would eat the plant & die of old age). Now it's in a gallon jar filled halfway with coco. I mist when the top 1" of substrate dries. A bottlecap water dish & some isopods round out the habitat. I just turn the jar to get a glimpse now.

PoPpiLLs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree with zonbonzovi on E. trigonopodus they are much calmer then the rest of my pedes they dont even try to escape when I open there containers for pics or feeding there nothing like my Scolopendra or R. longipes

B-rain

Arachnopeon
i too am new to 'pedes

But they all of the tropical ones i have, which i bought my 3rd like a few days after my first two hehee. Well they all seem to like ta dig, its kinda like oh no it escaped feeling if your new cause there like underground, but there just chillin, really amazing creatures if you had never seen one in real life.
I recomend any of them even tho i just started the hobby, keep them semi humid, diggin room and something to hide under like bark and the'll love it i reckon. make sure the cage is like a few good inches above there body length plus terminal legs for good measure. I may be helpful?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
the blue trigo's are excellent starters and do indeed seem to be calmer than most centipedes... with the advantage they seem to have extremely mild venom

yellow trigo's were always more nervous acting for me and when i got bit it messed me up pretty good. i never took more yellow bites cuz it hurt so bad i felt like my job was done and i could reasonably suggest they are bad to get bit by