More South African ID's needed

Ice Cold Milk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Laid my hands on some more pedes, these are from an area near Durban, SA.

First is what I think to be Cormocephalus nitidus nitidus... am I right??

2nd is an Alipes species. Can these be brought down to genus level for the one pictured here?

On a side note - I have 5 of the tail-leafed pedes. I read that they may be communal. Should I give it a try? 4 are large, about 5-6", and 1 is smaller, at about 3".

I can get better shots of the head or tail, or whatever is needed. I have a few shots that may show which segments have spiracles.

thanks!
-=Matt=-

Jonathan.Hui

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Laid my hands on some more pedes, these are from an area near Durban, SA.

First is what I think to be Cormocephalus nitidus nitidus... am I right??

2nd is an Alipes species. Can these be brought down to genus level for the one pictured here?

On a side note - I have 5 of the tail-leafed pedes. I read that they may be communal. Should I give it a try? 4 are large, about 5-6", and 1 is smaller, at about 3".

I can get better shots of the head or tail, or whatever is needed. I have a few shots that may show which segments have spiracles.

thanks!
-=Matt=-

second one... Alipes grandidieri ?? :?

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi,

first one is Cormocephalus nitidus nitidus.

EDIT: Based on distribution patterns your Alipes could be an Alipes crotalus though I know we have differently colored A. crotalus in hobby now. Just an idea.

Regards
Turgut

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Regarding the Alipes sp., is this 5-6" body length or overall? If BL that is damn big for Alipes, no?

Ice Cold Milk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Including the leaf-like appendage, the biggest one measures in at about 14cm. (just under 6"). So probably closer to 4-5" true body length.