KKs...

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
anyone know how to keep the lids on KKs pede proof?
ive lost many pedes before from KKs......
maybe i'll make my own lid?but i dont know how to keep it pede proof...
please help!
thanks!

JDeRosa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
? How do they get out? I kept a Cherry Red in a smalle homemade enclosure where the lid basically sits on top without snapping shut and never had a problem.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
? How do they get out? I kept a Cherry Red in a smalle homemade enclosure where the lid basically sits on top without snapping shut and never had a problem.
no idea.
my larger KK i had a mutilans community in a while back before i moved them to a rubbermaid.
they somehow got to the top and squeezed their way between the lid and the KK...
i put netting in there,they chewed through it.....

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, one of the reasons I took so long to get into pedes was the fear that they might get out. I give mine an inch or two more than the recommended height just as an added precaution.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Get some of the nylon mesh available from the hardware/garden store. Put a square of it over the top of container, place lid on that, then cut to fit w/ and exacto/razor. Depending on the size of the 'pede, those little sausage bodies can squish through amazingly small gaps- tergites/sternites are maleable. Imagine how easy it would be to get your arm into hard to reach places w/o arm bones. Uhhh, OK, maybe don't:D

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, one of the reasons I took so long to get into pedes was the fear that they might get out. I give mine an inch or two more than the recommended height just as an added precaution.
i had my entire clutch of mutilans plings escape from the KK....
i dont know how,but the smaller KK allows them to climb the walls.:?
maybe i'll just get a rubbermaid....

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Get some of the nylon mesh available from the hardware/garden store. Put a square of it over the top of container, place lid on that, then cut to fit w/ and exacto/razor. Depending on the size of the 'pede, those little sausage bodies can squish through amazingly small gaps- tergites/sternites are maleable. Imagine how easy it would be to get your arm into hard to reach places w/o arm bones. Uhhh, OK, maybe don't:D
thanks for the info.
i'll try that.
but the got through it the last time...

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i do not recomend kk for any centipede! i used the fiberglass window screen on the whole lid, i had a 5 inch chinese red hed sew its way through the window screen. now all i will ever use is those 1 gallon or half gallon jrs from wal mart. no other escapes.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i do not recomend kk for any centipede! i used the fiberglass window screen on the whole lid, i had a 5 inch chinese red hed sew its way through the window screen. now all i will ever use is those 1 gallon or half gallon jrs from wal mart. no other escapes.
thanks!
im tossing out my KK....