Scolopendra s. subspinipes "Chinese Giant Tiger Leg"

t-lover

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i just got this from Todd Gearheart at Tarantulaspiders.com yesterday he is a great guy and has wide selection of animals. he said she could be gravid so i might be gettingsome babies soon.

Attachments

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice! I also ordered one (ok, two) of those beauts. Not sure where it is at the moment though :?

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yup they are awesome alright:clap: got 1 big fat female aswell,thought mine was gravid,but she molted. beautiful pedes.

t-lover

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i just have one question do they need colder temps then most other pedes? cause when it arrived it was very cold and wet inside a deli that was inside a bag. i thought it would be slow when it came out cause of the cold but it was still really fast.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Nice Pede Richard!

I love it! How big is it? Are you going to attempt to handle it???;P

t-lover

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
its about 6 or 7". hahaha handle it good one! im gonna try to get a better pic to show more of the pede. i dont really handle my inverts to much pretty much just when i transfer them.
Nice Pede Richard!

I love it! How big is it? Are you going to attempt to handle it???;P

Ridoo

Arachnopeon
Hi,

good luck with your pede. My female Sc. subspinipes spec. "tigerleg" ate her eggs yesterday... :evil:

regards
René

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi,

as far as I know they usually lay eggs September/October or finally when it gets a bit colder.

Just a taxonomical addition: The status of this species remains unclear. It's a Scolopendra subspinipes, but the subspecies is not definitely sure since it features some interesting taxonomical details that point more towards a new subspecies (IMHO).

Regards
Turgut

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i have a huge one setup in a 29 gallon.close to 8"
have thought she was gonna lay for some time now.
fingers crossed
andy