New milli pics

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm a proud mommy. This little one has grown from barely .5" to about 3" in less than a year. I actually managed to see his last molt! I was checking on all the kids, and looked up from underneath his deli cup a few weeks ago (as usual....as I can usually see him from underneath like that) and saw him laying on his molted exo!! Then over the next few days, I watched as the exo disappeared. Once he had eaten all of it, I waited two weeks, and then decided to transfer him to a new home. Took some pics while transferring.

That is all. Thank you. :)

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
That looks like Archispirostreptus gigas. That seems like a pretty killer growth rate: what are you feeding it, Julia? A nice, robust specimen...

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, he is an A. gigas (African Giant Black/AGB). His diet consists of mostly oak-leaf litter (gathered from a totally pesticide-free yard of a friend). Every few weeks, I toss in some cucumber pieces, which he goes CRAZY over. I hope he continues to have a fast growth rate. I mean, he's adorable now, but think of how cute it'll be when he's long enough to wrap around my neck like a living necklace! :cool:

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Adorable!!!!

I lost my A. gigas babies during our move... I wasn't sure if it was the painting, or I didn't clean out their new tupperware bins enough, but I lost half my millipede collection including them that day.

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Resurrecting my old thread to add some new pictures. Here is Chaucer the morning after he molted on 10-18-09. Looks like a millipede sitting next to a ghost millipede!

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good shot! I wonder if all those legs make the molting process harder than a T's?

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is probably a dumb question, but *do* they molt their legs every single time? I looked at that molt pretty hard and I could not find legs in it.

Kimix

Arachnopeon
This is probably a dumb question, but *do* they molt their legs every single time? I looked at that molt pretty hard and I could not find legs in it.
The legs are the first part of the molt the always seem to eat. You just missed seeing them!