sick centipede?

B-rain

Arachnopeon
uhm yes i am new to the pedes, i have a malaysian giant, it like 1-2 days ago had crawled out of its hide and is now laying out in the open, it does not move alot and when it does its only its legs or mandables/antena, so i am worried because i have had it around 4 weeks and it seem like the temperature and humidty are good, plus it has eaten (just crickets)
But i feel it is dying, cause if it were molting or something it wouldnt take it close to 3 days now, but yea as far as i can see the substrate is not to wet and there are no signs of mold or anything so any help may save his life? (the pede is close or at 6 inches long) :confused:

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Don't sweat it- they sometimes go for weeks/months w/o eating. I just tried to feed an E. trigonopodus today after it hadn't eaten in 2 months- it killed the roach & went right back to its chamber w/o eating. At the size your Malaysian is at it should have a little room for growth. Lying around on the substrate twitching antannae & legs is pretty standard IME.

B-rain

Arachnopeon
O.k because its kinda like i don't know he seems to not care about being hassled or any thing like contact from an object and what not, but thank you for a reply
~~~Brian

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If it doesnt have any reaction to being touched or bothered, then you may be worried for a reason. I had a Chinese giant orange that began to be very "docile" then died a week later. If it were just sittng in the open then no big deal...all of mine do that at one time or another. The malaysian giant I had was a nasty pede! Very aggressive and fast. It would attack anything that came near it. Hope it all goes well.

B-rain

Arachnopeon
Yea it isnt going well which sucks cause pedes are expensive im sure it will be dead by sunday. But yea i dunno i must just be not cut out for the pedes cause its a lil to expensive to try and replace them this point in me life but thanks for the concerns.

~~Brian

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
i agree w/ ranchulas: not reacting to being pestered is a bad sign. i had assumed from your previous post that it was just doing the lazy, self-grooming 'pede thang. i hope its just indigestion. it really is a crap shoot since 99% of 'pedes are WC. as far as expense is concerned, the Malaysian giants run a little bit more than your standard de haani or whatever else is being mass imported. typically you can find an adult on the boards for around $20, but let's hope this one makes it.