Texas pede

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have an uncle that lives in San Antonio, TX. He just sent me this pic of a pede that came crawling across his property. I thought it was pretty neat looking as the only castineiceps I've seen are either black or dark green. The pic was taken with his iPhone so the colors might not be that accurate. I just thought I'd share.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
castaniceps are blue some have a hint of green. problem is generally they are so dark they look black

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wow that is really pretty. Only ones I've seen were brown and about an inch long. LOL.

Burak

Arachnopeon
omfg.

i cant find anything to say:D its avesome you are very lucky man dude:D

cbeard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's true, they are all over in San Antonio. At a shop I worked at, a guy brought in an (unknown to me) pede a bit over 10" long and wanted to know how to care for it. That was the only experience I have had with them, and I have to say they are amazing. Very creepy looking.

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know much centipedes in TX other than they get big. Found this while in Cotulla TX. Gorgeous critter. Any idea which species this could be?

Last edited:

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi,

You caught an S. heros castaneiceps.

In Texas you have the much more beautiful S. heros heros, but as far as I know it doesn't occur in dense populations.

Regards,
Turgut

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi,

You caught an S. heros castaneiceps.

In Texas you have the much more beautiful S. heros heros, but as far as I know it doesn't occur in dense populations.

Regards,
Turgut
you think the heros heros is better looking than the castaniceps? go figure lol

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its a mutilans with black terminals {D but with much more interesting behaviour