Another "NEW PEDE!!!!" post

BrysonCJ

Arachnopeon
I'm excited and want to share :) Not my first pede, but I've been pedeless for a long time (happened upon a S. polymorpha about 8 years ago, was attacked by black house ants while I was at summer camp...family replaced it with an African millipede).

Just picked up a S. subspinipes at a reptile expo. So far it just wants to stay under its log. In my invert frenzy, I also picked up a pair of olive keeled flat rock scorps that seem to be doing well.

In a couple days an E. trigonopodus will arrive- it'll be my living room showpiece (next to the TV).

So yay! I'm back in the saddle again with my weird pets. Here are some photos- any advice on my habitat setups? I think the S. subspinipes' enclosure may be too moist, so I'm hoping it'll dry out a bit with the 75W blacklight and time. After reading some bite reports, I'm extremely reluctant to do further tank maintenance until I've gotten to know this guy a little better. Definitely not planning to handle anything venomous- that's what my hissers are for :)

Trigo tank (sans 'pede)

Subs tank

Subs himself...de haani? Named Wesley.

Big scorp (sorry for the scorp pics, but I'm excited about them, too)

Baby w/ dinner

Last edited:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool, nice scorps too. Do you let that terrestrial octopus just walk around the room? I want one of those!:rolleyes:

BrysonCJ

Arachnopeon
I can't decide if it's M/F. Sometimes the tail looks longer...some days shorter...and usually it's under its rock. I'm just glad I bought the pair of them instead of the male orange baboon! I'm sure I would have been in for some surprises once I got him home (the only T's I've had were some very sweet rosey's).

Can't wait for the E. trigonopodus to arrive! I'll post a pic or two when it does.

I should go check on the subspinipes...I have a feeling he's plotting my demise under that cork.

BrysonCJ

Arachnopeon
troctopus

That site is hilarious, btw. I gotta get one of those posters. Giant Pacific Octopuses do happen to be my favorite animal (despite being aquatic).

BrysonCJ

Arachnopeon
Here's the new E. trigonopodus in the "desert" side of her habitat.

And on the "moist" side.

Very cool little 'pede :)

PoPpiLLs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice E. trigonopodus how big is it ? I have a little one thats about 4.5-5"

BrysonCJ

Arachnopeon
Nice E. trigonopodus how big is it ? I have a little one thats about 4.5-5"
Mine's about the same. Got it from Jansen Exotics. After about 5 minutes of exploring and biting the silicone sealant, she hid under some rocks. How often do you see yours?

Hopefully she isn't like the S. subspinipes in my bedroom. I don't think he's come out from under his bark in a week.

PoPpiLLs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
BrysonCJ thats who i got mine from to Adam is a great dealer. I picked this one up at the Cleveland reptile show it was E. trigonopodus sp. its about 6" and very fat, It had just grabbed a b. lateralis and went back down its burrow.

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine's about the same. Got it from Jansen Exotics. After about 5 minutes of exploring and biting the silicone sealant, she hid under some rocks. How often do you see yours?

Hopefully she isn't like the S. subspinipes in my bedroom. I don't think he's come out from under his bark in a week.
I've got 3, 2 of them come topside very often. Got 2 S. subspinipes too, never see those guys ever!
This is one of mine...

Last edited:

BrysonCJ

Arachnopeon
Nice pedewursts! Hope mine will look that healthy in a few months. She better, what with the large order of blaptica dubias I just put in.