Enclosure question

ghordy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've got three juvi's coming later this week; B. vagans, G. pulchra, A. moderatum... so I whipped these up really quick (still working on the third one). They're shoe boxes from the Container Store and I put 2-2" screen vents on either side. Do you think I should put some ventilation in the top? I want to be able to stack these.

Last edited:

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They look good! I would think that is plenty of ventilation for the spp you mentioned... but again, that's just me :rolleyes: If you stacked them the lid vents don't do much good except for the top bunker anyway :}

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think they look fine. That's plenty of ventilation for almost any species.

rvtjonny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
they look good but i would be concerned about the vents and how far they stick out into the enclosure. i would take and grind them down so it sits flush and install them from the inside.

evicton

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Those look like the shoe boxes from the container store. I keep my species that like it dryer in these with no added ventihilaton. The pre drilled holes work just fine but I do have some I've put a cpl 1-1/2 inch vents in them as well. if you wanna stack them top vents aren't needed nor are they gonna do what you wanna do lol.

ghordy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
they look good but i would be concerned about the vents and how far they stick out into the enclosure. i would take and grind them down so it sits flush and install them from the inside.
It's raw metal on the vents, but not really sharp or anything to injure the T. I put some blue tape around them anyway.

evicton

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's raw metal on the vents, but not really sharp or anything to injure the T. I put some blue tape around them anyway.
Thats the size of alot of vents I picked up over the summer are, I don't have any issues with them, my arboreal slings love them, I always have one or two that sit right in there.