PDA

View Full Version : Julia Dreyfus talks about an encounter with a Avicularia azuraklaasi on the Jay Leno show.

FireGuyX
10-14-2009, 11:19 AM
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/news/article_1504144.php/Julia-Louis-Dreyfus-interview-on-Jay-Leno

See the fourth clip where it says "Julia Louis-Dreyfus tells Jay a scary vacation story" and skip 0:45, that's a Avicularia azuraklaasi right?

satanslilhelper
10-14-2009, 02:13 PM
It looked more like a G. porteri.

flamesbane
10-14-2009, 02:29 PM
It looked more like a G. porteri.

He means the clip before.

Ariel
10-14-2009, 02:34 PM
the videos aren't showing up for me...

myles756
10-14-2009, 02:35 PM
was that from last night i was about to watch it but forgot:eek: :mad:

Moltar
10-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Videos aren't loading for me. Doesn't it just make you see red when you go to a website and all the spinning, whirling, flashing BS advertisements load right away but the actual CONTENT you went there for hangs? I mean, there's 3 animated ads for ATT cellular there but after 5 minutes the videos still aren't loading.

It's enough to make a man wanna throw his comp at a wall...

skippy
10-14-2009, 03:45 PM
yep, she's very lucky she didn't get bit by that male pinktoe tarantula... it might have pinched a little:eek:

looked like a regular avic to me but what do i know:rolleyes: versicolor is the only one i can readily id:D

gambite
10-14-2009, 04:05 PM
It loaded for me, looked like a regular G rosea. I cant imagine they would use any kind of rare species on TV like that.

Oh and the pic of the one in the vacation story vid looked like a A metallica. Same carapace shape, and I think it had white on the tips of the setae.

Abby
10-14-2009, 04:08 PM
I agree, it looked like they brought a G rosea, but I wasn't sure :)
I would think they would have to bring a 'slow' specie to the show.

Widowman10
10-14-2009, 04:59 PM
goodness people, the A azura was the T that julia was talking about. the rosea was the one they brought in. how does anyone get the two confused? they look nothing alike. of course they aren't going to bring in an azura...

that aside, it might be possible, but it's hard for me to say that that is what species of avic it was. not sure the range on the species either, but there might be a few avics down there...

jbm150
10-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I got nuttin'. None of the vids show up on my work or home comps

Stopdroproll
10-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Videos aren't loading for me. Doesn't it just make you see red when you go to a website and all the spinning, whirling, flashing BS advertisements load right away but the actual CONTENT you went there for hangs? I mean, there's 3 animated ads for ATT cellular there but after 5 minutes the videos still aren't loading.

It's enough to make a man wanna throw his comp at a wall...

My page kept reloading for no reason after I clicked play. I was raging.... :mad:

MissChelly
10-14-2009, 09:34 PM
What would've happened had her husband got bit by one exactly? O_o

And LOL@Moltar. I feel your pain. haha.

Widowman10
10-14-2009, 09:53 PM
What would've happened had her husband got bit by one exactly? O_o

aaaabsolutely nothing. probably wouldn't even need a band-aid :D