bark in the terrainium?

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

ther is small bits of bark in here, not a lot. but this bark is coconut bark and is incredibly soft, so much so that it feels like a sponge. if i press hard enough with my pointer and thumb i can crush it into two peices. should i still use it or not? im going to put a female 3in B. Smithi in there and i was makeing a cage for it so when it comes in i can put it straight in.

james.m

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I use it all the time and never have had problems. The coconut husks pieces that are just too big or stuck in clumps together I simple remove, but never an issue with mold or dust for me. Should be fine imo.

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I use it all the time and never have had problems. The coconut husks pieces that are just too big or stuck in clumps together I simple remove, but never an issue with mold or dust for me. Should be fine imo.
so just take out the bigger pieces?

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You shouldn't have any problems, just make sure you keep up with regular "house keeping" to prevent mites and nematodes. :D

james.m

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wouldnt be that concerned about the bigger piece, I mearly do it for aesthetics. I curently have a 3' male B. Smithi on it and he seems quite content. Is T-Rex the brand you have there?

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wouldnt be that concerned about the bigger piece, I mearly do it for aesthetics. I curently have a 3' male B. Smithi on it and he seems quite content. Is T-Rex the brand you have there?
yes it is, found it at pet co