ventilation?

JDeRosa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Would you say that pede's require more ventilation than tarantula's? I once had a Malaysian Cherry Red that I kept like a tarantula and it died within 6 months. I have another on teh way and I am wondering whether or not I had enough holes drilled for ventilation last time.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i use almost no vent and fairly low moisture to great effect. don't have problems with mold, generally... even when the pedes leave their messily eaten prey items eveywhere

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
for some reason i never have mold problems in my pede enclosures but i do in the T enclosures.
not to mention the pede enclosures really moist and has about the same ventilation as the Ts and many leftovers lying around.
either way,IMO ventilation is more important than humidity.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
If their tunnels successfully hold shape, you prob. have sufficient humidity. Ventilation, I think, is a little harder to gauge. If you're using live plants in your enclosure, you'll definitely need air exchange. It would be interesting to get a measurement of air quality inside a brood chamber, since the 'pede stays in that environment for such a long time.