PDA

View Full Version : What do yall think male or female? P. murinus

Redneck
11-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Ok again another one that I have been told that is a feamle but I have doubt in.. I really think male but I am completely unsure really.. I dont know if the photos are going to be clear enough it was the best I could get unless I took him/her out of the enclosure.. Anyways here are the pictures what do yall think??

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy50/rednecklivin08/P%20murinus/DSC02641.jpg
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy50/rednecklivin08/P%20murinus/DSC02638.jpg
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy50/rednecklivin08/P%20murinus/DSC02635.jpg
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy50/rednecklivin08/P%20murinus/DSC02633.jpg

Alright those are the best I can do with him/her in the enclosure.. I know you cant be 100% certain without a molt but I would like to see what yall think..

Also where would I send my molts off to so I can confirm if its male or female??

TalonAWD
11-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Male. .

night4now
11-02-2009, 01:56 PM
I would say boy, but Im not all that good at this stuff either...

xhexdx
11-02-2009, 02:02 PM
You can send me the molt if you want.

Redneck
11-02-2009, 02:04 PM
You can send me the molt if you want.

Its kinda old does that matter? Or should I wait till the next one?

Sathane
11-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Looks male to me.

xhexdx
11-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Its kinda old does that matter? Or should I wait till the next one?

Doesn't matter as long as the spermathecae area is intact. I can soften it and shape it how I need to.

But yeah, the pics look maleish.

Redneck
11-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Doesn't matter as long as the spermathecae area is intact. I can soften it and shape it how I need to.

But yeah, the pics look maleish.

Aight I am going to have to find out where its at and I will get back to you and send the molt to ya.. If its a male I might have to trade it off for something different.. Like a some babies so I can get a communal going.. :D

xhexdx
11-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Rofl! Now who would have communal OBT slings...:rolleyes:

Redneck
11-02-2009, 02:20 PM

{D I wonder who does.. :D LoL! Oh and BTW it is a very nice communal setup you have there...:rolleyes:

Sathane
11-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Certainly not I. ;)

{D I wonder who does.. :D LoL! Oh and BTW it is a very nice communal setup you have there...:rolleyes:

xhexdx
11-02-2009, 02:31 PM

Thanks. :)

Sathane, you're just too far north, that's all. We still love you. ;)

Btw, nice weather you've got there today.

Redneck
11-02-2009, 02:39 PM

So how many slings do you have in your communal?

I would like to try a few different communal setups.

1 P. regalis
2 P. murinus
3 H. villosella

I might be able to one day.. For right now I can only get some many critters.. :o

Sathane
11-02-2009, 02:44 PM
LOL.

It's 11C (about 52F) right here but I can see that the sun is out. I haven't been out of the house in a while though. :( I'd still rather have your 26C (79F) though.

Redneck
11-02-2009, 02:47 PM
LOL.

It's 11C (about 52F) right here but I can see that the sun is out. I haven't been out of the house in a while though. :( I'd still rather have your 26C (79F) though.

Oh crap I dont think I could be able to handle 52F nope... I think I done lived in Texas to long and got used to the perfect weather year around.. :D

Sathane
11-02-2009, 02:52 PM
What? This is warm. Give it a few months. Although, the winters these last few years have been relatively mild. Lowest temps hitting around -25C (-13F). I remember about 5 years ago when it was normal for temperatures to hit -40C (-40F). Then there is the wind and snow storms to factor in.
Needless to say, Canada has no native tarantulas. :(

Oh crap I dont think I could be able to handle 52F nope... I think I done lived in Texas to long and got used to the perfect weather year around.. :D

Redneck
11-02-2009, 02:55 PM
What? This is warm. Give it a few months. Although, the winters this last few years have been relatively mild. Lowest temps hitting around -25C (-13F). I remember about 5 years ago when it was normal for temperatures to hit -40C (-40F). Then there is the wind and snow storms to factor in.

Yeaa I think I am good with my winters being 60F at the lowest 55F.. Right at the moment I am lovin the 73F.. It can stay this way forever and Im good..

Sathane
11-02-2009, 02:56 PM
I need to move south. :wall:

Yeaa I think I am good with my winters being 60F at the lowest 55F.. Right at the moment I am lovin the 73F.. It can stay this way forever and Im good..

xhexdx
11-02-2009, 03:26 PM

Can't say I agree with this...move to Hawaii and you'll change your mind.

I haven't counted my second clutch; wouldn't surprise me if there's about 100 slings in there though. The first clutch is the one I've been pulling from to fill orders; started out with about 110 and is probably down to...50 or so at this point. I don't mind selling most of them but at the same time I'm not going to be heartbroken if I get to carry this communal out to adulthood.

And Sathane, the housing market is crap down here, you could get a decent place pretty cheap. You'd have a business partner for the T hobby waiting for you. ;)

the nature boy
11-02-2009, 04:09 PM

I'd give it a shot. Tried with S. calceatum but one bad ass started picking the others off.

Sathane
11-02-2009, 04:11 PM
That would rock. I'm sure the gf wouldn't have a problem finding a job, being a nurse and all. My business is pretty portable as well since people break computers nearly anywhere on the planet.

My gf wouldn't want to be so far from family though. :(

And Sathane, the housing market is crap down here, you could get a decent place pretty cheap. You'd have a business partner for the T hobby waiting for you. ;)

xhexdx
11-02-2009, 04:14 PM
I'd give it a shot. Tried with S. calceatum but one bad ass started picking the others off.

Rofl! The Nature Boy...incorporating S. calceatum into threads concerning anything BUT S. calceatum since 1824. :}

That would rock. I'm sure the gf wouldn't have a problem finding a job, being a nurse and all. My business is pretty portable as well since people break computers nearly anywhere on the planet.

My gf wouldn't want to be so far from family though. :(

That's easy. Ditch the gf. Duh.

;)

the nature boy
11-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Rofl! The Nature Boy...incorporating S. calceatum into threads concerning anything BUT S. calceatum since 1824. :};)

Hey, keeping an ow species communally came up, lol. :D

Redneck
11-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Rofl! The Nature Boy...incorporating S. calceatum into threads concerning anything BUT S. calceatum since 1824. :}

;)

LOL!!! They are easy to come by here in TX!! Drop one have a new one the same day... LoL!

Sathane
11-02-2009, 04:49 PM
LOL {D

HAHA. She'd probably hunt me down. :)