Brachypelma baumgarteni

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
One big girl!

I bought this pair in late April 07 and they were already conditioned and ready to breed. She was bred from early May through June 25th. 4 breedings with a total of 9 good inserts. And each mating took place after sperm web remains were thought to have been seen. She was moved into cool down July 1st where she will remain till the middle of Aug. Ill keep updating as I can. She has gained tons of weight with no food intake so it's looking good so far! Here are a few pics.
6.5" Female molted in january.

6"+ Male molted in March.

Before cool down picture.

Three weeks into cool down.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No beans this time, as of an hour ago she just cleared her molt. So the hunt for a MM starts right now! Doubt I'll find one but who knows I have to try.

brachybaum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I bought this pair in late April 07 and they were already conditioned and ready to breed. She was bred from early May through June 25th. 4 breedings with a total of 9 good inserts. And each mating took place after sperm web remains were thought to have been seen. She was moved into cool down July 1st where she will remain till the middle of Aug. Ill keep updating as I can. She has gained tons of weight with no food intake so it's looking good so far! Here are a few pics.
6.5" Female molted in january.

6"+ Male molted in March.

Before cool down picture.

Three weeks into cool down.
Hi,

Pictures #6 is a female Smithi, you were able to mate a male baumgarteni with a smithi successfully??

Sam

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi,

Pictures #6 is a female Smithi, you were able to mate a male baumgarteni with a smithi successfully??

Sam
Lol it's funny that it went this long before someone saw that. I used a premolt smithi female to warm up the male. He was the biggest wimp ever, but after some footsie with the smithi he stepped up to the plate with the baum female. Mating was not allowed to occur between the male baum and the female smithi. Crossing the two was never a goal, the smithi female was just the fluffer. {D

brachybaum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lol it's funny that it went this long before someone saw that. I used a premolt smithi female to warm up the male. He was the biggest wimp ever, but after some footsie with the smithi he stepped up to the plate with the baum female. Mating was not allowed to occur between the male baum and the female smithi. Crossing the two was never a goal, the smithi female was just the fluffer. {D
It's not easily recognizable with them entagled but I have an eye. This might be a good idea to do if the male you gave me turns out a wimp too lol, we'll see.