Roaches,Roaches,Roaches

brownj6709

Arachnopeon
I currently own a E.Campestratus and am in the process of purchaseing an L.P and a bachypelma boehmei. id rather feed em with roaches but kno nothing about the different types. i know that B. dubias are a good option but are there any others?? preferably smaller roaches? can you still feed juviniles/larger slings them ????

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes there are many kinds of roaches, dubias just are the nicest to keep in my opinion.

yes you can feed the smaller ones to juveniles and slings.

I'm not usually a flag bearer for the search police but this issue has been covered extensively in this forum and the other invert section of the forum.

for a small debate on the topic, see here

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=166658

brownj6709

Arachnopeon
cheers 4 the help ive only jst joined the site and am findin it hard to find older threads on stuff :wall: lol

maitre

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cheers 4 the help ive only jst joined the site and am findin it hard to find older threads on stuff :wall: lol
We really need to sticky a tutorial on how to perform searches.

When doing a search, go to advanced options, and select the forums you want to search under. If you search the entire site, you'll get a bunch of F/S threads.

brownj6709

Arachnopeon
We really need to sticky a tutorial on how to perform searches.

When doing a search, go to advanced options, and select the forums you want to search under. If you search the entire site, you'll get a bunch of F/S threads.
cheers i dint even think ta go on the advanced options bit cuz its normally aloada gobbeldygook on other search engines and suchlike.

maitre

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cheers i dint even think ta go on the advanced options bit cuz its normally aloada gobbeldygook on other search engines and suchlike.
Yup, I know what you mean. But once you start using it, you'll learn how powerful it really is for tracking down information. Goodluck with your search!

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Blatta lateralis are what I would suggest. I much prefer them as feeders because they are smaller and more active and my tarantulas like them better. It may take a while to figure out how to get them to breed, but when they do they are very prolific and grow fast. They don't climb smooth surfaces and thus are easy to contain.

I don't like feeding dubia nymphs because they are even more annoying than the adults as far as burrowing, hiding, and just holding still and not getting eaten is concerned. For the LP it may not matter, but with the others it might.

edit: had some hud about searches in here but I read more closely and it wasn't relevant.