Gold Nugget Pleco

Arborius

Arachnopeon
To anyone that has freshwater fish: The gold nugget pleco is about to be the new star of your tank. We just got one and he is so cool. Go ahead, google it...I just wanted to give kudos to the little guy, and maybe give some people an idea on what their next fish purchase should be. :D

ErinKelley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I LOVE all the rarely seen catfish and bottom dwellers. I never had a gold nugget but I did have a snowball pleco. Black with white spots all over. Gratz on your purchase :)

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gold nuggets are gorgeous fish, if you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for it? I'm curious if the price has gone down at all

Sukai94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do you see him at all?

I had a snowball pleco and he always hid from me :( I would catch him sometimes at night though.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck keeping it alive, the ones I had slowly withered away and died despite them being the only fish in the tank(a 55 gallon) They need drift wood to chew on, and feeding them veggies will help as well.

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I got an Adonis pleco, the label at the shop read 30cm bottom feeder, after i got it and read online turns out to be a 1 meter fish skinner :eek:

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've always had good luck with the regular plecos. Plenty of green algae and fish food sinking to the bottom and algae wafers, driftwood helps too. And good hiding places.

jrmrbcax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One of the toughest plecos to keep alive but one of the prettiest. They need very clean water and a good current. I have one thats 4" and eats on my driftwood and i feed all my plecos zucchini once a week, algae wafers and bloodworms. Mine always hinds and i only see it at night with a flashlight. Other nice plecos are spotted medusa, goldies, and lf bristlenose plecos b/c they are hardier and out in the open more.