How to tell if a gecko has shedding probs?

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How long does/should it take for an adult leopard gecko to completely shed its skin? Mine seems to have had trouble with his last few sheds, even though he has access to a humid hide. Last night I gave him a quick soak in some room temperature water just to help out a bit and then left him alone. He's still got some skin on him around his face, part of his back, and tail. That's better than what he had the previous night but he stills needs to a fair amount of it off. Is this too long for a gecko? Should I soak him for longer? Does age affect how geckos shed because I think mine might be old. I got him when he was an adult and, judging by the dirt cheap price I paid for him, was more than likely WC. He's also hiding under in his cave on the warm side at this moment.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How long does/should it take for an adult leopard gecko to completely shed its skin? Mine seems to have had trouble with his last few sheds, even though he has access to a humid hide. Last night I gave him a quick soak in some room temperature water just to help out a bit and then left him alone. He's still got some skin on him around his face, part of his back, and tail. That's better than what he had the previous night but he stills needs to a fair amount of it off. Is this too long for a gecko? Should I soak him for longer? Does age affect how geckos shed because I think mine might be old. I got him when he was an adult and, judging by the dirt cheap price I paid for him, was more than likely WC. He's also hiding under in his cave on the warm side at this moment.

1.) Check out reptilerooms.com Great reptile forum.
2.) What kind of gecko is he?
3.) Generally, age does factor in with shed problems
4.) Generally, the less you help them the better. Just be sure his toes aren't stuck in the shed.

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Probably was not wild-cought, cb ones are cheaper than wildcaught ones and thier native land is , well, a little hazardous for our military personell let alone a reptile exporter....

You may have it too moist. Let it get and stay pretty dry most of the time.... they come from arid land and humid hides are only practical if you have a gravid female that needs to lay eggs somewhere.