Jail mouse to pet store mice

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My fiance had to rescue me from the middle of nowhere the other day when my car decided running was no fun, and brought me a present. The inmates in his PC pod (protective custody, for those who don't know) had caught a little mouse, that was clearly a baby. It's eyes were open and all, but it was still very young. Pat's sergeant wanted him to kill it, but told Pat he could take it out of the jail to set free. I saw it and decided I wanted it, and he said yes.

I set up a ten gallon with a ripped T-shirt, toilet paper tubes, and some food. The next morning, he was no where. I looked through everything and he had some how escaped. I told Pat that I needed a new mouse now, and I got my way.

I now have two little girlies from the pet store, Penny and Sadie. They are adorable, and are having a blast in the jungle-gymed out tank. I have built them a rope ladder, a ladder built of chew sticks, and a hammock that they sleep in instead of their three or four houses. I have strep or some thing like that so I can't play with them yet, but I love them all ready!

http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/af230/Laceyface89/Meese/

Penny is tan and white, Sadie is grey and white. They are named from beetles songs, as is my dog Quinn.

Aunt Ant

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
aww i love meeses to pieces {D

I had a baby wild one too. Kept it for a while and it had company of domestic mice. Like yours it escaped as well, it must have jumped out while the water was being changed

Congrats and enjoy

Sukai94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are soooooo cute! I love the patches on them!

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I specifically picked out those two, and I love it. Sadie (grey and white) is very careful, and much calmer then Penny. Penny will come see something first, sniff a new toy, eat the new food, but Sadie is always the first to actually climb up the new toy. It's like she waits to make sure Penny doesn't get eaten by it first, haha

Oh, every day I have been sitting with my hand in the tank, letting them get used to me, and sniff as they want. Yesterday, Penny kept coming up and scraping her teeth on my finger. Her mouth was open, and she was just scraping. Is this a step before biting? It freaked me out and I stopped..I don't want to get bit.