Reptile Racks

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
First off, wow it's been awhile since I posted here(used to post more in the tarantula section). I'm glad to be back.

Anyways to the point. I'm looking to get some racks and looking for the best, price and quality wise, racks to buy for smaller snakes and leos. I have plenty of places to buy from already, but just checking if there are any that I missed.

Thanks a ton!

Lucas339

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have one rack and two cages from dragons4you.com. the price and quaility are really good.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I built my own rack from melamine. Ordered the heat tape from Reptile Basics. It's working out wonderfully! You can make it any size you want. It ends up being a lot cheaper than buying one.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If it is being used for geckos, I prefer the Freedom Breeder® rack systems. They allow enough ventilation that they work well and they provide enough space for the animals. If you're dead set on keeping snakes in rack systems the freedom breeder racks work well too. I personally don't prefer to keep my snakes in rack systems, but it is not a health issue, just personal preference.

ShawnH

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have 3 racks from http://www.jasons-jungle.com/ they are fantastic for snakes that don't get larger then 5' They come with multiple bin sizes that fit in the same rack so you can change out to fewer large bins if you want. I highly recommend Jason. The racks have two rows of heat tape in the back and can be plugged into a basic therma-stat.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks for all the great reccomendations, I'll look into them, but what really caught my eyes is this..

I built my own rack from melamine. Ordered the heat tape from Reptile Basics. It's working out wonderfully! You can make it any size you want. It ends up being a lot cheaper than buying one.

How would you go about building it? Any DIY instructions anywhere?