Pet Fish That Loves Being Petted!

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Pet Fish That Loves Being Petted!

<Edit> Video/fish is not mine!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TnqzvGMtsjg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TnqzvGMtsjg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Lucas339

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
a fish store i used to frequent in tampa had a parrot fish that would do that. it would stick its head out of the water for you to pet it.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's a cool looking catfish! I think if people had pet sharks that are small species that they could learn to enjoy being petted, because in the wild they have cleaner fish on them to rid of parasites so I would think a gentle touch would remind them of being cleaned.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's a cool looking catfish! I think if people had pet sharks that are small species that they could learn to enjoy being petted, because in the wild they have cleaner fish on them to rid of parasites so I would think a gentle touch would remind them of being cleaned.
Yeah that's what I would think too.

It reminds me of a part from an old That 70s Show when Kitty is lonely and wants a pet and her husband, Red, gets a goldfish for her. Kitty protests that a fish is not a pet, you call it a pet because you can pet it. Red says "Well, just trap it in a corner and give it a good rub!" lol

snakemaster1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had an electric eel a long time ago told my brother he liked being petted seems he did not think it was so funny when he gave it a little touch i was laughing a lot. ;P

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Looks more like territorial, get-out-of-my-space behavior to me...

Bill

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks more like territorial, get-out-of-my-space behavior to me...

Bill
No that catfish was enjoying that, if a catfish wants to be territorial they WILL let you know and its NOT subtle either, I had a bullhead that would roll over on it back at the surface to get belly rubs everytime I showed up. :) And then when it had enough it would go back to its hiding spot.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
I had a tiger Oscar that loved being touched and petted . It would take comets right from your fingers and then want to be stroked . Weird .