Looking for Ambystoma mavortium mavortium(Barred Salamander)

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
I'm looking for some Ambystoma mavortium mavortium(Barred Salamander). Does anyone know where I can get some? I've check Kingsnake and Faunaclassifieds with no avail. Thanks.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I wish you luck, but have never seen these sold commercially. I bought a A. mavortium diaboli on CL las year that was misidentified as a Dicamptodon sp. Very cool beast with an enormous appetite, but even more secretive than my centipedes. You might try caudata.org...

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
So there pretty rare huh? I became a member of caudata.org just two days ago trying to track this species down. Maybe if I find them I can breed them a make some money being that they are so rare. Thanks

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they're not rare. they show up at expos quite a bit. keep checking the classified on ksnake and such. they usually sell for $20 or so.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
But are you sure it is Ambystoma mavortium and not Ambystoma t. tigrinum? Ambystoma t. tigrinum are pretty common. I could buy one for $20 over the net right now.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
you could try generalexotics, don't know much about them though.
Thanks for the site. Best seller I've seen so far. They might have some in stock if I wait a while, or I could request the species as well. I might just settle for Ambystoma tigrinum mavortium. Thanks again.

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
But are you sure it is Ambystoma mavortium and not Ambystoma t. tigrinum? Ambystoma t. tigrinum are pretty common. I could buy one for $20 over the net right now.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer

Alright, I will keep an eye out for them.