Elwood

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is Elwood, AKA Woody,Woodrow, The Woody One, and His Lordship. He keeps me company at the computer, and rules with an iron beak. Oh, he's a Black Headed Caique.

Attachments

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you, he knows! He's from somewhere up near buffalo also. I drove for hours to go get him.

StephanieH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
they are so much fun! I'm listening to my grey, she has a smokers' cough.

Steph

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She has to lay off those cigars! Elwood also picked up a cough when I had a cold a few months ago. I got better, but I guess he likes the sound. He's also very funny when the dogs are barking and he tries to bark with them.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What a looker! I love the colour combo

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful!! Can you tell us more about him? What's his personality like?

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Where to start? This bird is nothing BUT personality. Caiques are very high energy, curious perpetual motion machines. That much is true across the board. He's a little gem and is bonded to me. He's very agile and playful. He knows some tricks which I didn't teach him. If I point a finger at him and say "bang!" he rolls over and plays dead. He laughs and says some words. He owns me and only wants to be with me, otherwise he screams. but everything has a negative side. I belong to a Caique group and I find that Elwood is a little different from everyone else, or else I'm the only one on the group who is telling the truth about his behavior. Or possibly he's the oldest bird there and displaying mature behavior. Anyway, whatever it is, he can get very posessive and bite. He also goes into some demonic bird moods and stalks and goes for the face and eyes. I almost got rid of him the first few times that happened, but I worked with him and he rarely tries that anymore. I read him well and can see the mood coming so I can head it off. I think the onset of this behavior is what caused his first owner to put him up for adoption.