Is this bad?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok so this is my first post in this section.. But I am at a loss for what to do about my Leapord Gecko.. At first I thought oh it might just be his man hood hanging out.. This is my first gecko so I didnt know.. But it was brought to my attention that something might have ruptured and it might be one of his testicals.. I really dont know for sure.. Here is a picture of what I am talking about.. Hope it helps..

If there is anything I can do please let me know..

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Really?

Ok 41 views and no thoughts on what I should do or what it is?

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm no expert, but the first thing I'd do is take it off of it's current substrate and put it on paper towel immediately, assuming of course that it's on sand. You don't want substrate affecting it if it does happen to be an organ of some sort.

I'm also pretty sure that lizards have hemipenes, rather than testicles.

The "male bumps" below his vent do appear uneven, it is reasonable at this point to presume that the "pink mass" is a hemipene.

I've heard reports based on anecdotal observations of lizards, crested geckos especially, "boppin' the bologna", that could be it. Maybe you should wait it out.

TBH

Last edited:

OntarioNative

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It looks somewhat like a prolapsed hemipene. I have some questions:

Is it dry or moist? Is there any discharge, if so, what colour is it?

Does it smell fowl?

Have you noticed changes in his behavior, activity level, appetite or anything else out of the ordinary?

At any rate, get it on paper towel right away. Also you will want to limit the amount of fixtures in the tank, especially bark and rough rocks or stones.

Alex

Edit: Get some more picks from different angles please, its hard to see the size and shape. Thanks

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is definitely a prolapsed hemipene....soak him in some lukewarm sugar water for a little while, if that does not help the hemipene retract on its own, you will probably have to take him to a vet to have it amputated before it becomes infects and or necrotic.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ThomasH - It is already on a paper towel..

OnterioNative _ It is dry.. The color is I guess you would call it a Pinkish Redish color... There is no discharge and no fowl smell either... I will try and get better pictures at different angles..

DavidBeards - Thanks I will give that a try and if it does not help I will take him to the vet.. Thanks!

Everyone who replied thanks I am sorry I didnt get back earlier I wasnt home to reply to yall.. But thanks everyone for the info.. I will get on taking more pictures of Him and his Enclosure..

OntarioNative

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would go with David on this one. I wasn't %100 on the diagnosis, but with his confirmation, I believe that the sugar water treatment is the best solution. And as you said, if this fails, take him to the vet.

Take care,
Alex

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would go with David on this one. I wasn't %100 on the diagnosis, but with his confirmation, I believe that the sugar water treatment is the best solution. And as you said, if this fails, take him to the vet.

Take care,
Alex
Thanks.. I really appreciate the help... I enjoy this little guy alot and dont want nothing to happen to him...

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is definitely a prolapsed hemipene....soak him in some lukewarm sugar water for a little while, if that does not help the hemipene retract on its own, you will probably have to take him to a vet to have it amputated before it becomes infects and or necrotic.
How long should I let him soak in the sugar water? Also how long should it take before it retracts on its own?

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd say 1-2 hours should be enough if its going to heal itself....if after that time period it doesn't improve, you know other actions need to be taken. Good luck, I hope he gets better ASAP.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I had a snake who had a prolapsed hemi. The doc told me to try a hemeroid cream. Preparation H to be exact. It helped quite a bit but my poor snake had to have it amputated eventually as it never did resolve.
We call him Lefty now. ;)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I forgot..

To update yall...

Well the update is great news... I know its ben a while for this post.. I just totally forgot to do it.. I did soak Geico in some luke warm sugar water.. It didnt heal right away so I waited about 3 to 4 days... AND.... It was completely healed.. Though the side that was exposed is no longer a lump.. Like the other side..

Thanks so much for all the help!! :D Geico thanks yall too!! :D {D

OntarioNative

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
To update yall...

Well the update is great news... I know its ben a while for this post.. I just totally forgot to do it.. I did soak Geico in some luke warm sugar water.. It didnt heal right away so I waited about 3 to 4 days... AND.... It was completely healed.. Though the side that was exposed is no longer a lump.. Like the other side..

Thanks so much for all the help!! :D Geico thanks yall too!! :D {D
Im glad it worked out.

Alex