PDA

View Full Version : What the Hell is this???????

rustym3talh3ad
01-01-2010, 02:33 AM
please look at this link...its listed as a P. metallica adult female but...i own 3 P. metallica and this looks NOTHING like what i have......PLEASE let me know cuz OMG HOTNESS!!!!!!!

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/gallery/showimage.php?i=12755&c=48

moose35
01-01-2010, 02:42 AM
there is a supposed "black" form p. metallica

rustym3talh3ad
01-01-2010, 02:44 AM
do we know if its a highbred or perhaps simply a awesome color morph? ive seen people talk about DCF of the metallica....but WOW! thats truly a beauty to me...i love black T's.

DansDragons
01-01-2010, 09:34 AM
how exactly does that look "nothing" like a P. metallica? it looks exactly like a P. metallica..it's just not so blue...lol.

gumby
01-01-2010, 11:41 AM
So looks like a P. metalica to me. I know its dark but there is still a lot of blue and it looks like the patern matches.

Tindalos
01-01-2010, 12:58 PM
i know i would prefer a DCF over a regular metallica
are they harder to come by than a reg?

Barbara L.
01-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Hi,
some people suppose, that the dark colour is a sign of "old age"...
Greetings
Barbara

Jmugleston
01-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Looks like a P. metallica to me. I think Rick West has pictures of both the blue and the black/dark P. metallica on his website.

Fran
01-01-2010, 01:53 PM
We will see in a couple of days some adult female P metallicas
"rare Black form" or something like that for some ridiculous prices.
I would bet money on this.

Aarantula
01-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Wow, that looks wicked!! I'd definitely get one in my collection if they become available!

Jmugleston
01-01-2010, 04:40 PM
We will see in a couple of days some adult female P metallicas
"rare Black form" or something like that for some ridiculous prices.
I would bet money on this.

Uh oh. Don't be giving them too many ideas! {D

Philth
01-01-2010, 06:17 PM
In my opinion P. metallica are not as blue when they get older. They prob are the most striking blue when they are about 4 inches.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f345/TomPatterson/P6122477Small-1.jpg

I think Rick West has pictures of both the blue and the black/dark P. metallica on his website. Not anymore. Dont know why those pics arn't up anymore along with the "brown morph".

Later, Tom

JDeRosa
01-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Mine is the dark color variety. I will post a pic tomorrow. It was born in 2004. I think I would have prefered a more striking blue one.

Vidaro
01-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Mine is the dark color variety. I will post a pic tomorrow. It was born in 2004. I think I would have prefered a more striking blue one.

come on then...:P

JDeRosa
01-06-2010, 01:34 AM
Sorry, I've been super busy. It was real dark but now a took another look at it and only the back half is really dark. OK now I wil seriously try to get a pic up tomorrow night. No joke.

JDeRosa
01-06-2010, 10:36 PM
OK, here she is. Keep in mind that this is without a flash. But also, the flash really doesn't make much of a diference. I did mate her last month. I wonder if the dark abdomen could be the result of gravidity.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/johnnDlala/DSCN1315.jpg

Teal
01-07-2010, 01:18 AM
Gorgeous T! This whole dark form/blue form thing is quite interesting...

I would LOVE to have a black one! The blue ones, I couldn't care less for lol

Anastasia
01-07-2010, 01:26 AM
In my opinion P. metallica are not as blue when they get older. They prob are the most striking blue when they are about 4 inches.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f345/TomPatterson/P6122477Small-1.jpg

Not anymore. Dont know why those pics arn't up anymore along with the "brown morph".

Later, Tom
what a beaute!
I use to own one of the 'Black' metallicas, sold it
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/Anastassia/pets/DSC_0030-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/Anastassia/pets/DSC_0208.jpg

rustym3talh3ad
01-07-2010, 01:27 AM
Gorgeous T! This whole dark form/blue form thing is quite interesting...

I would LOVE to have a black one! The blue ones, I couldn't care less for lol

i wouldnt go as far as to say i dont care, they are both magnificent beasts...but i (being a metal head and having that "black is the new black" personality) love black T's...someday i will own a black form metallica as well as a Lampropelma nigerrimum. G. pulchra although another ubber black T i hate waiting for them to grow up lmao so ill end up probably spending a lot of money for a sub adult.

sharpfang
01-07-2010, 01:29 AM
And pretty Plump.......Good luck!

rustym3talh3ad
01-07-2010, 01:29 AM
what a beaute!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/Anastassia/pets/DSC_0030-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/Anastassia/pets/DSC_0208.jpg

OH DEAR GOD MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!! FML, id give a limb for that!

sharpfang
01-07-2010, 01:32 AM
I'd give a pinkie "tip" , I guess.....I'd rather send you my sling, than have ya cut off a irreplacable part.

LOL.........{D............Great pix pokie collectors!

rustym3talh3ad
01-07-2010, 01:37 AM
I'd give a pinkie "tip" , I guess.....I'd rather send you my sling, than have ya cut off a irreplacable part.

LOL.........{D............Great pix pokie collectors!

if u have a for sure dark form sling send me a pm with a price...

Philth
01-07-2010, 01:49 AM

Hey Ana , Nice spider. Did you raise that spider from a s'ling ? Do you have any pics of it when it was younger ? Did you use a flash in those pics ?

OK, here she is. Keep in mind that this is without a flash. But also, the flash really doesn't make much of a diference. I did mate her last month. I wonder if the dark abdomen could be the result of gravidity.

Hey Joe, you dont think the flash of a camera would bring out more color ?:? Can you get one with a flash to compare ? I agree that she looks pretty fat though. Good luck with a sac !.

Later, Tom

Anastasia
01-07-2010, 02:46 AM
Tom,
yes both pics with flash but that was my old camera
but spider wore dark morph
had her since 3" or so
no pictures been taken, this one just never set still
soon is light on shes gone, so I never had a chance nor time
sold her, now sorry

PrimalTaunt
01-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Simply put: I love these guys both regular and black form (although I might love the black form just a little more ).

Teal
01-07-2010, 10:11 PM
i wouldnt go as far as to say i dont care, they are both magnificent beasts...but i (being a metal head and having that "black is the new black" personality) love black T's...someday i will own a black form metallica as well as a Lampropelma nigerrimum. G. pulchra although another ubber black T i hate waiting for them to grow up lmao so ill end up probably spending a lot of money for a sub adult.

I just don't have a thing for VIBRANT blue things, whether it's a T or not lol
I like H. lividum, because the blue is milder and it fades into a really pretty light blue/grey on the T... but P. metallica just does not do it for me.

I love black, too.. always have. Black horses, black dogs, black anything... I got a G. pulchra sling, and I'll probably die of old age before it matures :wall:

sharpfang
01-07-2010, 10:20 PM
If there is such a thing......:? I don't know enough about the species.......
......Just learnin' about pokies.

I hear alot of conflicting reports concerning Rosehair variability........This thread could go-on-forever with these talks.......

Seems to me, that Red Concepcion varieties grow-up Red.
I'll find out in a few years {yearlings} for myself.

P. Metallicas, are indeed, Striking :eek::drool:

I have seen some Beautiful Pix on this site......I prefer them as blue as can be........There is a T color/hue, for us All.

Is anyone familiar with a Purplish Pokie ?........I thought I heard somethin' to the Effect, that, There are some other lesser-known Beautiful Ornamentals.
Curious again..............Jason

ZergFront
01-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Think I would rather have the blue for the price they go for. It's a pretty tarantula, though.