Omg!! Im so pretty!

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
these are my new babies!!!

cryptelytrops venustus
female

male

cryptelytrops insularis. i have a pair of these as well.

-josh

Avicularia Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can't wait until I can own some hots. I set myself my own rules and one of those rules are no hots until my kids move out. I have at least 7 more years. Vipers are awesome. They are what I plan on getting into once my kids have moved out. I might also get a cobra or two...or three as well. But there are so many awesome vipers, I don't know if I will ever get around to getting a cobra.

Very nice vipers you have. The first has great Christmas colors, but I love the bright yellowish green of the second one.

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can't wait until I can own some hots. I set myself my own rules and one of those rules are no hots until my kids move out. I have at least 7 more years. Vipers are awesome. They are what I plan on getting into once my kids have moved out. I might also get a cobra or two...or three as well. But there are so many awesome vipers, I don't know if I will ever get around to getting a cobra.

Very nice vipers you have. The first has great Christmas colors, but I love the bright yellowish green of the second one.
If you want any hots, you may want to get them sooner than later. there is a really good chance they will be illegal in 7 years. there is so much pressure on hot herps nd laws are being passed in so many states so quickly. its getting harder and harder to get hots.

Rabid538

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am very jealous. Those are some beautiful vipers! The two exact species I was hoping to get one day. Did you get them at a reptile expo? If so, which state?

NBREP

Arachnopeon
Very beautifull Venustus.
Sadly I can not have such gorgeous species due to laws in AZ.I can only have Crotalids(rattlers) that are native to AZ.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Holy cow!! You have some guts. I would never get up the nerve to own the hot snakes or even most the hot arachnids. :eek:

You have any feeding videos of your snakes?

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WOW....awesome Vipers. I've always been a big fan of the arboreals. Very cool stuff, thanks for sharing! :)

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Ah. I had a feeling it was too beautiful to be a non-venomous snake. One question. What who a bite from a snake like that do to a human adult?

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Almost makes me want to get into hots.

I'll have my hands too full with retics/scrubs in the next couple years when they are all 15'+

Hots just arent worth the risk to me, but god damn I love looking them. (Extremely minimal risk if handled properly but always there.)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Suh-weeet! Those are some beautiful vipers. I'll probably never have the balls to keep hot herps (or the time/room to keep regular herps for that matter) but I'm just fascinated with how cool these fangey lil suckers are.

Thanks for sharing!

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Stunning, but scary at the same time. I'd definitely be fascinated to stare if they were secured behind glass.

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks everybody. these are my absolute favorite species of snake. the venustus are really nice because they will only get around 24 inches and have a low toxicity. the insularis on the other hand can get around 36 inches or more and i have heard they have very toxic venom.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Those are amazing. If didn't live were I do. I'd consider getting a few of the local hots. As it is I can only look on with envy. :worship:

John

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very fascinating and very, very beautiful!!!!!!

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Avic Man! The owner has a new subscriber to his channel. I can look at them from the safety of my home. :)

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Common names.... yes they do have common names.

The green and red guys (cryptelytrops venustus)- beautuful bamboo vipers

The yellow guys (cryptelytrops insularis)- wetar island bamboo viper.

both are from southeast asia.

-Josh