Anybody else...

Faing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
accidentally end up with another animal over Christmas/New Year? I declare, if it's not tarantulas it's snakes.

I swore I'd never get a carpet python and now I have a cute, demon seed of a baby to take care of :D Tries to eat anything that enters his cage, including hands...

So, who else 'indulged themselves' in another animal for 2010?

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I somehow ended up with a pueblan milksnake, haha

Cass

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fortunately, no.

...But I have a feeling that once spring gets here I'll have a couple new snakes of the local variety. Don't need 'em. Don't really know if I want to take on any more pets right now but my curiosity is getting the best of me.

This is gonna be a long year.

Congrats on the new little one. Some frends of mine have a big male JCP and I think he's awesome. Nasty as hell but that makes him fun. :D

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah David, we need to find a male pygmy now for your girl;)

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I swore I'd never get a carpet python and now I have a cute, demon seed of a baby to take care of Tries to eat anything that enters his cage, including hands...
Carpets are notoriously nippy as younglings. In my opinion their worst quality is spraying they're rotten rat juice on any "predator" around them. Over time and an understanding with their keeper, carpets can and will settle down to a degree. At four years old mine is still SUPER curious and loves to explore whenever I have him out. The only time he as has ever struck in the last three years is in the few cases where he got away from me, wedged himself in some odd place and DID NOT want to leave his new zone. Otherwise he is quite easy to work with.

And to go with the topic at hand: I am now the proud owner of a new Betta. This way when I refer to the "fish" in my dorm (ones that live on land) I actually have a real fish to fool people :cool:

Last edited:

aracnophiliac

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah I plead guilty to having indulged a little bit over the holidays..

I bought a

Boa constrictor, Ceratophrys ornata, and a E. cyanognathus

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I was 'gifted' with a Psalmopoeus irminia right before New Years. I actually 'won' it for being the 101 subscriber in a youtube contest. :p It made a sweet holiday addition.

Last edited:

Avicularia Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Fortunately, no.

...But I have a feeling that once spring gets here I'll have a couple new snakes of the local variety. Don't need 'em. Don't really know if I want to take on any more pets right now but my curiosity is getting the best of me.

This is gonna be a long year.

Congrats on the new little one. Some frends of mine have a big male JCP and I think he's awesome. Nasty as hell but that makes him fun. :D
Yeah I will also be out snake hunting this coming season. I haven't gone in a few years and haven't kept anything I caught for even longer. I want to catch a few Eastern Milk snakes and a few juvenile Black Rat snakes. If I can find a Ringneck Snake, I might also keep one of those as well. What kind you looking to find?

Faing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah I plead guilty to having indulged a little bit over the holidays..

I bought a

Boa constrictor, Ceratophrys ornata, and a E. cyanognathus
I like these choices :D what kind of boa, might I ask? Never been much on amphibians for some reason though, but thrn again I've never kept either so that might be why...

Here's Oreo by the way, only struck at me once for pics so I was happy and impressed:

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea i had to give in too lol. Two GBB slings, 4" h.albostriatum, and an albino california king snake.

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
We ended up with a beagle. We took him in as a stray, couldn't find his home. Then he got out of our yard, and ended up in the shelter. So of course, we pulled him out and are most likely keeping him.