New Show Puppy :)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I just wanted to share pictures of my new show and sporting prospect pup, Jolene :) (registered name pending)

She is an AKC American Staffordshire Terrier, that will be dual registered UKC American Pit Bull Terrier when she is old enough.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Isen't this website for spiders???
This is the not so spineless wonders section. Therefore, we can post about any of our other pets.

Gorgeous pup Jairi :D I just want to cuddle her.

Last edited:

Wonnetz

Arachnopeon
o i wasn't looking at the forum thing i just read the title. plus i was looking in the new posts when i found it.

Big Red TJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Teal shes a looker...you have Papers on her??? I would love to pick up a pup way down the line if she is papered and ya breed her...depending how she turn out for ya:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Shell

Staff member

Shell.. Thanks! She's a doll.. I am excited about her potential :)
She does look to have alot of potential too. Beautiful conformation. Nice lines, yep Im jealous lol

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Midnight Cowboy.. like I said, she is an AKC reg. Am Staff that will be dual reg. UKC APBT :)
Being that she's only 3 months old, plans to breed are LONG off... but keep in touch!

Shell - I didn't get any really good stacked shots of her... but if you bait her she pushes over the shoulder and stacks out REALLY nice - very impressive for such a young pup. She has an aunt that is a dual reg. Ch., and both her parents are AKC Ch. On top of it all, she has a lovely, curious, fearless attitude and greets everyone with a wagging tail!

No hard feelings Wonnetz ;)

Shell

Staff member

Shell - I didn't get any really good stacked shots of her... but if you bait her she pushes over the shoulder and stacks out REALLY nice - very impressive for such a young pup. She has an aunt that is a dual reg. Ch., and both her parents are AKC Ch. On top of it all, she has a lovely, curious, fearless attitude and greets everyone with a wagging tail!

Very nice :D I have always had labs (but was a vet tech so quite familiar with many other breeds) and I co-owned my last boy with the breeder. When I first saw him, he was just playing and yet his lines were just SO obviously beautiful, like your girl, that I knew he was something special. He didn't let me down. Best wishes for her career, make sure you give us progress reports ;)

Big Red TJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just saw where ya posted that earlier jumping the gun again:D she is a looker I will be in touch..P.S. are pup is looking real good all around we got lucky. althought Tom Garner has some pups on the ground peaking my intrest..

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I had two labs when I was real little, and I showed labs... but they aren't my type (obviously, lol). Thank you for your wonderful compliments on her... I am so excited for the opportunity to show and work such a lovely dog.

Midnight Cowboy.. lol, it happens!
You should post recent pictures of your pup!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jairi when are u going to bring that cute puppy to me.. HUH? LoL!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
LOL just as soon as you let me know you have a place for her! ;)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thank you :) I've never owned an Am Staff before, always APBTs, so it'll be interesting when people ask what she is and I have to explain the difference lol

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What are the bloodlines on this cute little girl, if you don't mind me asking? Do you plan to show her in AKC, or not? The problem with AKC is that they're more picky on the color and pigmentation, which was for the most part a political thing(certain early APBT breeders who first registered their dogs with AKC didn't like other breeders who had dogs of certain colors, the old "dog man" rivalry thing). Some judges are willing to overlook the lack of eyelid pigmentation, while others are't. And some of the AKC judges are totally clueless about what this breed should look like, hence the AmStaff has gotten bigger and bulkier and clumsier than it's supposed to be in many lines. I got into quite a debate with a judge who said he didn't like my 38-pound brindle girl I was showing because she was "too small" and "didn't have enough white on her". His argument was that if they were originally bred for fighting, a bigger, heavier dog would have been better, thus showing his ignorance of the breed's history. I showed my dogs in condition, since they were also hog catch-dogs, and some judges thought I was starving them, while others actually appreciated the chance to see a dog in REAL working condition in the show ring, a rarity nowadays. The late Anne Rogers-Clark actually conducted an impromptu seminar on how to tell if a dog was in condition or just underweight, using one of my dogs, at a show. She'd put up one of my dogs over a fat dog anytime. Mrs. Rogers-Clark was an avid fox hunter, and knew the importance of conditioning working dog and often lamented how many fat dogs she saw in the show ring, whose handlers/owners thought were in fine shape. I quit with AKC dogs when it got to the point that many of the dogs I saw couldn't make it around the ring without becoming exhausted and winded, let alone charge through the muck of a swamp to catch and hold a 200-lb. wild boar that wanted to kill anything that moved.

pitbulllady

Avicularia Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice pup. Seeing threads like this just makes me wish I didn't live where I live now. I can't wait until I can move and get my Doberman pups I want.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
pitbulllady.. if you've seen any of my other threads on my dogs, I don't do fat AKC show dogs that don't function. I have multi purpose dogs (agility, flyball, weightpull, therapy, hog dogs, SAR, OFC/free course/lure course, etc.) and my dogs are conditioned.

Am Staffs are thicker, heavier dogs than APBTs... but not as heavy as Am Bullies. Or atleast, they shouldn't be. Given the look of this girl's ped, I am not worried about her being overly done for an Am Staff. Am Staffs are heavier than I like, because I like APBTs (ADBA dogs, not UKC dogs)... but I wasn't about to turn down a co own on an adorable little pup with wonderful conformation that also comes from functional lines.
If you'd like to shoot me a PM, I'll send you photos of her sire, dam, and dogs farther back in her line :)

She'll be shown AKC, and UKC when she's old enough to be dual registered. But more importantly, she'll be a sporting dog and hopefully a SAR dog... which is WAY more important than prancing around a ring.

reverendsterlin... good luck with the show! Jo has a few more months to go, but the saluki pup will be in the ring soon!

Thanks Avic Man :) A friend of mine is after a dobe pup, too.. they are fun!

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She is adorable! Puppies are always cute. Good luck when she you start showing her!