New snake

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I haven't posted in months but i just had to share my new snake cause its been a dream to have one of these forever!

Madagascar Ground Boa:

A real Ground Boa... not a mislabeled Dumeril's Boa!

Just need to get a Madagascar Tree Boa and the Madagascar Triforce of boas will be mine!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Beautiful snake! What is the temperament like? Are they smaller than say a BCI or BCC?

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks. He is pretty chill. a little squirmy but he is young still. no striking tho which is nice.

as for size... I'm not sure how big BCI's or BCC's get cause i'm not really into south american boas too much but Madagascar ground boas can get 8-10 ft and i have read somewhere that they may get up to 13 ft and they are fairly heavy bodied.

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks. He is pretty chill. a little squirmy but he is young still. no striking tho which is nice.

as for size... I'm not sure how big BCI's or BCC's get cause i'm not really into south american boas too much but Madagascar ground boas can get 8-10 ft and i have read somewhere that they may get up to 13 ft and they are fairly heavy bodied.
They may get bigger and they may get smaller......but I would have thought they get VERY BIG for boas:D
I have a male BCI that is almost 8 feet and still growing so you just can't tell.
Beautiful boa BTW :)
The younger ones are usually a bit snappy and viv defensive but it is something all boas normally grow out of....quite quickly.....with regular handling.
Always exeptions to the rule mind.
Beautiful serpent......lots of fun ahead for you.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Lovely! You should certainly post pictures of the rest of it, too! :D