Lifespan of male B. vagans

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I used searched but didn't come up with anything. I am almost positive that our new B. vagans 3" is a male. The question is how long do we have with this spider given it lives out it's full lifespan? We are a little disappointed by the gender but want to give him (if he is indeed a 'he') a great home and life and perhapss send him out to breed sometime. 'Archades' may appreciate it too:D

Marvin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm not sure about just Vagans, but Brachypelmas in general can get really old! Up to like 20 years or something. Maybe even more! But they also grow very slow, I'm sure you have plente of time left to enjoy him ;)

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not sure about just Vagans, but Brachypelmas in general can get really old! Up to like 20 years or something. Maybe even more! But they also grow very slow, I'm sure you have plente of time left to enjoy him ;)
females can live around twenty, but males do not. I would say you have a few years left with him, but not many. But when he matures you can always send him off to make lots of little B. vagans slings:D

Ice Cold Milk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He'll probably mature into 5" legspan, or close to that. You probably have about 3 molts before he matures then. Brachypelma males can live for quite a while, my albopilosum and vagans (my most common) have been averaging about 12-18 months survival past their maturing molt.
So really it's up to you how long your T lives between now and it's maturing molt (whether to feed it a lot, keep warm, grow it faster...).